Thread: golfnut101: KO preferred

golfnut101

golfnut101: KO preferred

I have heard so many different opinions on KO. Can anyone, who has used KO preferred and another system, tell me if once and for all if KO is a worthy system for shoe games, or should a person try something else ? Experienced counters need only to reply(haha)

thnx

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: YES

That was really easy. Give us a difficult question

Parker

Parker: Sure

> I have heard so many different opinions on KO. Can
    > anyone, who has used KO preferred and another system,
    > tell me if once and for all if KO is a worthy system
    > for shoe games, or should a person try something else
    > ? Experienced counters need only to reply(haha)

Hard to believe, but KO has been around for ten years now. It has been simmed to death, and is used by thousands of players, including many who play shoe games for high stakes.

It works.

For a look at some sims and a detailed analysis (and a whole lot more), see Blackjack Attack, 3rd Edition, by Don Schlesinger, conveniently available from our online catalog (direct link below).

golfnut101

golfnut101: Re: YES

> That was really easy. Give us a difficult question
    the two most important people in your life catch a rare, deadly . You have only enough medicine to save one. Your call...

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Am I one?

What would you like for proof? It has been posted here many times. There are some old-timers that can't give up old ideas. I'm an old-timer and I resisted the concept of unbalanced counts for quite awhile; and I still use RPC. But, the fact is that KO not only works; but is as good as HiLo. And many long-time players have switched to simpler systems over the years.

golfnut101

golfnut101: Re: Am I one?

> What would you like for proof? It has been posted here
    > many times. There are some old-timers that can't give
    > up old ideas. I'm an old-timer and I resisted the
    > concept of unbalanced counts for quite awhile; and I
    > still use RPC. But, the fact is that KO not only
    > works; but is as good as HiLo. And many long-time
    > players have switched to simpler systems over the
    > years.

thankyou for your reply Norm. I was only trying to have some fun with the other question. Very much respect your effort in the bj community.

MJ

MJ: Norm has a simulation study at QFIT on Hi-Lo vs KO *NM*