Thread: Evil Eye: Counting Correlation

Evil Eye

Evil Eye: Counting Correlation

Do all card counting systems tell you the same information? It seems to me that when the player has the advantage, it is a mathmatical thing, and should be the same no matter what system you are using. For example, if you had 7 counters playing on a table, one each playing +/-, Red 7, KO, Hi Opt, Silver Fox, Wong Halves and Zen, assuming the same bankroll, would they all be increasing their bets at the same time? Or do the different systems consider different things to be advantageous to the player? Thanks

David Spence

David Spence: Re: Counting Correlation

> Do all card counting systems tell you the same
    > information? It seems to me that when the player has
    > the advantage, it is a mathmatical thing, and should
    > be the same no matter what system you are using.

It is true that when the remaining cards represent an advantage, it is a mathematical function. A key point, however, is that all counting systems only ESTIMATE advantage. Though there is a strong positive correlation among the betting patterns of counters using various systems, the fact is that the systems differ at least slightly in their estimations of advantage.

> example, if you had 7 counters playing on a table, one
    > each playing +/-, Red 7, KO, Hi Opt, Silver Fox, Wong
    > Halves and Zen, assuming the same bankroll, would they
    > all be increasing their bets at the same time? Or do
    > the different systems consider different things to be
    > advantageous to the player? Thanks

Again, the players' betting patterns would correlate highly, but would not be identical. Each system assigns slightly different values, estimates advantage slightly differently, and thus would lead to slightly different betting patterns. The biggest difference in betting would likely be between ace-reckoned (that is, dealt aces have a negative value) and ace-neutral (that is, ace = 0) systems.

I hope that helps.
    David Spence

Zeus71

Zeus71: Re: Counting Correlation

I think the big difference is with unbalanced count, when the count it's not at Pivot point. (that I remember it's the same as with a true count: red7 TC=2 - KO TC=+4)

Ciao.
    Zeus

> Do all card counting systems tell you the same
    > information? It seems to me that when the player has
    > the advantage, it is a mathmatical thing, and should
    > be the same no matter what system you are using. For
    > example, if you had 7 counters playing on a table, one
    > each playing +/-, Red 7, KO, Hi Opt, Silver Fox, Wong
    > Halves and Zen, assuming the same bankroll, would they
    > all be increasing their bets at the same time? Or do
    > the different systems consider different things to be
    > advantageous to the player? Thanks