just got back from a 4 day road trip(no internet) and see the thread below generated good discussions so thanks for all the great posts. I did manage to use the sim/generator but I won't bore you with numbers and redundancy since cac's sims have already shown anything I discovered for myself. there is a point on deck estimation which may or may not be a problem so this is why i started a separate thread. more on that later.

you may recall from my original thread how I rounded out a few indexes to make simulatiing easier, in particular, insurance was taken at the pivot instead of the hi/lo equivalent of TC-3. I ran a "greater accuracy" RA generation for TKO for the more common indexes and found very little difference in the way of gain but this has been stated on this board before. however there may be another use for TKO generated indexes and that is when you consider their convenience when setting up your betting ramps. consider the following indexes which show a difference from their hi/lo TC's. note I have converted tko tc's to their hi/lo equivalents for comparison.

index hi/lo tko
__________________________________________________ ____

16v10 0 1
16v9 5 7
11vA 1 2
9v2 1 2
10v10 4 6
__________________________________________________ ___

since calculating TC for TKO in real-time is very difficult, common sense dictates creating betting ramps ahead of time for each deck level left. using whole deck precision and entering at TC 2 you would only need a total of 10 different
ramps. 5 for each deck level(don't count 1 deck level since you will never see this) at TC 2 and 3. of course the pivot is a gimme. if you wanted to include a wong-out point thats another 5 for a total of 15 ramps. all of these follow a nice predictable pattern that is not difficult to learn. then conveniently, as you can see from above, the correct indexes don't kick in until tc 2 or higher, the exception of course being 16v10 which is marginal anyway.

deck estimation
here is the part which may or may not throw a monkey-wrench into this whole thing. consider deck estimation errors when using hi/lo. a running count of 10 with 3 decks left floors to a TC of 3. but suppose you actually have 2 decks left and so the true count is really 5. you error results in you underbetting. now consider TKO with a running count of 16(irc-0) with 4 decks left. this is a TC of 2. but here again, suppose you are late in your deck estimation and there are actually 3 decks left. this brings your TC to 1 floored. in this case your error results in overbetting. so it seems the question is now would this error rate be significant enough to seriously handicap TKO?