Thread: HC: Raising my bets

HC

HC: Raising my bets

Dear everone,

Say once you have a bankroll raised from $1000 to $2000 from days of lucky-low-fluctuation- straight-up sessions, and now your maximum bet can go up to $40. would you continue with a

$5-$40 1-8 spread play or

or a $5-$40 1-4 spread play ($5 if the count is low, then one unit = $20 when the count is 2+) ?

i know this is just a trade off between profit and fluctuation, and yet i ask this because a TC of 8 rarely comes in 10s of hours of playing.

Please feel free to express your views,

Haley

Parker

Parker: Huh?

If your minimum bet is $5 and your max bet is $40, then your spread is 1-8. Period.

The optimal way to ramp this will depend on the counting system used, game rules and conditions, etc., but you would probably want your max bet out well before TC +8.

HC

HC: Re: Raising my bets

OK, let me make this clearer,

My problem is, should i have a 1-8 spread with 40 maximum, or 1-4 spread with $20 when TC = 2, $30 when TC = 3 and $40 maximum when TC = 4. (just $5 when -ve)

cuz i know the later yield more profit with a trade off of high variance.

please advice

quarters

quarters: Re: Raising my bets

If you are betting between 5-40, in all cases you are using a 1-8 spread even if you are betting the true count with a $10 unit. The betting scheme would certianly depend on the rules of the game you are playing. If you are playing a multiple deck game I would advise betting $5 whenever you have a negative expected value. For most multiple deck games, this means that you shouldn't start increasing your bet until you hit a +2 count. The way that I would probably bet it is at +2 bet $10, at +3 $20, at +4 $30, and +5 $40. You could also consider spreading to 2 hands of $25 or $30 each for your maximum.