Thread: kevnj: Your method and why..

kevnj

kevnj: Your method and why..

Few questions.

Wondering what everyones method is, why they use that method.

As well as what method did you use before the one you use now if any, made you switch to the current method and how was the transfer from one method to the other.

Just looking to see what methods everyone uses so I can really get serious about a single method over others. I picked up BJA3, and CVBJ already just looking to expand on the books.

Thanks in advance,Kevin

stainless steel rat

stainless steel rat: Re: Your method and why..

> Few questions.

> Wondering what everyones method is, why they
    > use that method.

> As well as what method did you use before
    > the one you use now if any, made you switch
    > to the current method and how was the
    > transfer from one method to the other.

> Just looking to see what methods everyone
    > uses so I can really get serious about a
    > single method over others. I picked up BJA3,
    > and CVBJ already just looking to expand on
    > the books.

> Thanks in advance,Kevin

I will give you one answer from someone that has only been doing this about 4 years.

I chose Hi-Lo. Why?

1. It is an easy 1-level count to learn, it is balanced, which makes the counting easier and self-cancellation characteristics of BJ hands further simplifies this.

2. It is pretty popular, so you can always ask questions and get answers from people that have been using it longer than you have.

3. It is simple enough that you can master it and use it without making errors. A weaker count played error-free is better than a very good counting system if errors are easy to make.

4. If you play mainly shoe games, beating the game is about betting bigger when you have the advantage, smaller when you don't. Most any counting system has a decent betting correlation (Hi-Lo is very good here) to let you recognize the situations where you need to bet big. In a shoe game, basic strategy departures are not that important and as a result, playing efficiency is not as big an issue as in SD/DD games.

5. If you worry about playing efficiency, it seems that a very strong count with a high PE will improve your play so that you will win maybe 3 additional hands out of every 100. If you don't screw up the count.

That's from a relatively new player, and that is why I made the decision I made 4 years ago. I'm sure others have different ideas. It is most likely going to be a case of "I read this book first and tried this counting system."

Just be aware that counting is easy. Winning money at BJ is something else entirely. Takes work, perseverence, patience, and fortitude. In large doses.

And some money, of course.

Note Hi-Lo is _an_ option. It is not necessarily _the_ option. But one thing is clear, it will work if you use it properly. Any count will fail otherwise.

kevnj

kevnj: Re: Your method and why..

Thanks for your repsonse. I have been learning the Hi-Lo method. I like it myself. My friend is using the KO and Kiss counts. I like this easier. No counting certain black deuces and such.

Anyone else have input ?