Thread: kevnj: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

kevnj

kevnj: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

Monday I had off from work so I took a run to A.C. played at the borgata for 9 hours, people were coming and going as they pleased mid shoe or not. I noticed I was playing at a automatic card shuffling table. Went today ( teusday ) spent 5 hours, went to sit at a table and lady says " no mid shoe entry " and I noticed no card shuffling machine. Is the hand shuffling to machine shuffling the reason for the allowance and disallowance of entering a game in progress ?

I assume its better to play at a dealer shuffled deck so you can try and track where the high cards are ?

stainless steel rat

stainless steel rat: Re: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

> Monday I had off from work so I took a run
    > to A.C. played at the borgata for 9 hours,
    > people were coming and going as they pleased
    > mid shoe or not. I noticed I was playing at
    > a automatic card shuffling table. Went today
    > ( teusday ) spent 5 hours, went to sit at a
    > table and lady says " no mid shoe entry
    > " and I noticed no card shuffling
    > machine. Is the hand shuffling to machine
    > shuffling the reason for the allowance and
    > disallowance of entering a game in progress
    > ?

I generally see "no mid-shoe entry" on higher-limit tables, where the real BJ players tend to play. The $5/$10 tables usually don't do that, as that's where most of the ploppies plop in and plop out (as opposed to a counter wonging in/out. )

I also usually see hand-held games not allowing wonging, but I have seen one here and there that didn't seem to care.

> I assume its better to play at a dealer
    > shuffled deck so you can try and track where
    > the high cards are ?

I personally pay more attention to penetration than anything else. The deeper the game is dealt, the better I like it. Some of my favorite 2D games use an automatic shuffler which is fine by me...

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

No, the machines have nothing to do with the rule. In the main pit of Borgata, there are two different limit games, and the tables are split fairly evenly. At the lower-limit games, mid-shoe entry is permitted; at the higher-limit games, it isn't. You have to really study the placards on the table, as the print is very small, to see this.

Don

kevnj

kevnj: Re: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

Yea I didnt take notice. Monday I played at a $25 table bettering $25-$400, Tuesday was sitting at a $50 table ( which is the one that didnt allow the mid shoe entry ) and was only betting $50-$150.

jp

jp: Re: No entry Mid Shoe - But Entry Mid Shoe

At least they aren't continuous shuffle machines. I haven't been over to the Borgata for about a month, but the low limit tables ($5, $10, and $15) had them. I believe some of the higher limit pits ($25 and $50) had them as well. The tables that were marked no mid shoe did not allow anyone to jump in as they pleased, thus, disallowing any wonging or back counting opportunities.

Caesars had them over a year ago but did away with them. Hilton had some as well but I don't know their status as of today. I believe Resorts had some for a bit but I didn't see any recently. I was only on the north side of the boardwalk over the weekend, so I can only tell you that I don't recall seeing any at Showboat, Taj Mahal, or Resorts.

I don't believe the machines really have too much to do with mid shoe vs no mid shoe. During the graveyard shift or off peak hours, the table limits are usually lowered and no mid shoe entry may be changed to mid shoe. I think the machines are probably put in those pits to increase the number of hands per hour for an increase in profits on lower limit tables.

> ?