Thread: Kiddangerous: my arsenal is now pretty heavy....

Kiddangerous

Kiddangerous: my arsenal is now pretty heavy....

well im on a 2 month break- being a red chipping newbie i cant justify gambling during the holidays. so in the past i have used these couple of months for intense studying. so i shall follow suit this year but before i cut off money flow to the gambling portion of my life i purchased a few books for my 2 month endeavor one being...
    everyone say it with me ..... BJA 3rd ed ......
    so i now strut when i walk down the street....
    silly civilians...hah...ive been reading some of it....altho reading has been slow...because you see like the others here that are in the know i purchased the hardback signed copy.... altho i was hurt there were no x&o's ... but thats ok i will live....but reading is slo because im having to read at an odd angle so as not to flex the spine to much...but i cant wait for paper back before reading at least some of it. i allowed noone in my adobe within ten feet of the book. i let my family view the cover from a safe distance. and that was it. no food or drink allowed within
    10 feet of me while i was reading. man what a book. now i just need to find out how to get the free DD trial. which im positive will lead to a paid subscription. while i dont feel worthy to post there as of yet. i can only imagine the info i am missing out on reading. so whooever handles that end maybe you could help me out.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Don a quick question for you. one of the things i saw in the book under the team play HB, was to stay away from first base because of having to
    get all the cards counted before making your play decision. im wondering, was that something that was specific to team play. or do you feel that way in all play? and if so, if a person was able to count all cards dealt and still be able to make their playing decision with out hesitation, do you then think 1st base is ok? or are there other reasons that one should avoid first base?
    im wondering because im a first base person and if theres another reason i should avoid first id like to know.

thanks for any help!

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: my arsenal is now pretty heavy....

> Don a quick question for you. one of the
    > things i saw in the book under the team play
    > HB, was to stay away from first base because
    > of having to
    > get all the cards counted before making your
    > play decision. im wondering, was that
    > something that was specific to team play. or
    > do you feel that way in all play?

It was a recommendation to all team members, but I would recommend the same thing to anyone. It looks unnatural to hesitate making your playing decision while you count all the cards to your left. There's simply nothing in it for the player to be at first base, unless you're hole-carding and that's where you need to be.

> and if so,
    > if a person was able to count all cards
    > dealt and still be able to make their
    > playing decision without hesitation, do you
    > then think 1st base is ok? or are there
    > other reasons that one should avoid first
    > base?

It would be OK, but it's still disadvantageous, because, further to the left, you get to see additional cards of other players before making your own play, which is a definite advantage.

> im wondering because im a first base person
    > and if theres another reason i should avoid
    > first id like to know.

Well, now you know.

Don

Kiddangerous

Kiddangerous: Thank you kindly! *NM*

Bettie

Bettie: Accessing your trial subs

> so i now strut when i walk down the
    > street....

LOL!

> now i just need to find out how to
    > get the free DD trial.

If you ordered through us, via the website, you should have received an email with the specific link that will get you to the free trials (Trackjack, too). If you ordered through us, but via the mail or another way in which we wouldn't have your email address, you have to contact us, but are still eligible for both trial subscriptions. Finally, if you ordered the book from someone else, you can e-mail me with proof of purchase, and you get 2 months of just DD. In all cases, I provide you with a link that you use to set up your account. You just need to e-mail me with your purchase info.

Thanks, and I'm glad to see that you appreciate all the hard work we put into it! FYI, for anyone out there still ineterested in a signed copy, we only have about 30 left out of the 550 signed copies.

Bettie

Brick Waller

Brick Waller: Learn a running count

and all base problems are solved.

GT

GT: Bases and Betting with the Count

Hi Don,

I agree that 3rd base is best. But I have always been troubled by this question. When you figure out how much to bet due to the count, would it be more accurate if you were at first base, instead of third? Or is the difference not worth worrying about?

Your Fan,
    GT

> It was a recommendation to all team members,
    > but I would recommend the same thing to
    > anyone. It looks unnatural to hesitate
    > making your playing decision while you count
    > all the cards to your left. There's simply
    > nothing in it for the player to be at first
    > base, unless you're hole-carding and that's
    > where you need to be.

> It would be OK, but it's still
    > disadvantageous, because, further to the
    > left, you get to see additional cards of
    > other players before making your own play,
    > which is a definite advantage.

> Well, now you know.

> Don

Francis Salmon

Francis Salmon: Wait a minute

> when you figure out how much to bet due to the
    > count, would it be more accurate if you were
    > at first base, instead of third? Or is the
    > difference not worth worrying about?

You don't really believe that you are more likely to get the good cards on first base than on third base?

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Bases and Betting with the Count

> I agree that 3rd base is best. But I have
    > always been troubled by this question. When
    > you figure out how much to bet due to the
    > count, would it be more accurate if you were
    > at first base, instead of third? Or is the
    > difference not worth worrying about?

No, it would not be more accurate. The true count shows no tendency to change (the running count does) as cards are dealt. The third base player, on average, faces the exact same true count that the first place player does, at the start of the round.

Don

GT

GT: Makes Perfect Sense- Thanks Don! *NM*

ET Fan

ET Fan: Aw, maaaan, you're letting him off too EASY! ;-} *NM*

The Phantom

The Phantom: Trackjack Feedback

In a previous incarnation I was involved in a software development business.

I just activated my trial subscription to Trackjack.

Conclusion: Kudos. My compliments to one and all in Trackjack's development (parties unknown) and operation (Victor & Bettie). It is a fine piece of software.
    And without bugs insofar as I can see.

It's value to a serious player is obvious. No, I should say, it's a necessity to any serious player or would-be serious player.

WallStRunoff

WallStRunoff: (Message Deleted by Poster)