Thread: Hi-opt 1 vs hi-lo in cvcx question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi-opt 1 vs hi-lo in cvcx question

Why does cvcx shows that hi opt1 with ace sc is inferior to hi lo in 2 deck games ????It was by 15-20% !!!!

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Blog Entries

Which Hilo and which Hi-Opt I?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Hiopt I full indices ace side c-SCORE 29.44 for 2 deck H17 DAS 50% pen.
    HILO full indices no hole card c-SCORE 20.64 for 2 deck H17 DAS 50% pen.

29.44/20.64 = 1.426

Hiopt I with ace side count is 42.6% better than HILO given the above conditions.
    Stats courtesy of CVCX Online Viewer.
    Apples to oranges here, No Hole Card is a bad rule for the player (Dealer Takes All Doubles and Splits on BJ rather than just original bet). If the sim for Hi-Opt 1 does not say "Ace SC" with it, then it does not include that in the strategy and will underperform HiLo.
    Last edited by bigplayer; 05-19-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Still ,nobody have given me an answer???I thought hi opt-1 with ace sc should out perform hi lo in 2 decks games.

Most players who use Hi-Opt 1 use it with the Ace side count in single and double deck games and use the exact same index numbers for shoes but switch to High Low for that. High-Low is to Hi-Opt 1 as Zen is to Advanced Omega II or High-Opt II...they are great companion counts.

You should realize that on a 50% pen double deck game a multiple level count will not much outperform High-Low. Consider a 50% double deck game to essentially be the same as a shoe game with a 1 deck cut that you don't have 4 decks to wait through before getting to the money cards. (i.e., betting is most important, not playing...especially when playing with others).
    Last edited by bigplayer; 05-20-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Really ?I often play 1-10 ,or at least 1-8 on average in pitch ,but in red only.How the hell am i suppose to win with smaller spread.!!!! LOL. .I think it really sucks with 6 decks with average pen. or playing small spread in pitch games.I guess that is the reason people say it is not easy to count and try to make $$$. Tthree , how often do you see a pitch game that has s 17??? Why would you assume i was comparing hi lo vs hi opt 1 with ace asc with the s17 rule??
    Last edited by stopgambling; 05-20-2012 at 09:16 AM.

So lucky to have such good rules !!Someone said ,you are already lucky to play blackjack in America !I can accept h17, but who wouldn't want s17 !!!! I can still consider myself lucky ,because i can go play relatively easy.I can not imagine trying to play in some Asian countries, or many parts of Europe.

What I see in the cvcx is at tc 1 hi-opt1 ace sc has less than .01% advantage whereas in hi lo it has almost .35% advantage.It is also at tc 1 where they both have different bet ramp due to the advantage.Why would hi-op1 with ace sc not have very similar advantage as hi lo,since ace is sc.I ask about it because i really think it should be .I think both hi-opt1 and 2 should be effective in playing pitch games,with hi-opt2 being more complex and more efficient .I would really appreciate the hi-opt 1 and 2 user chime in.

Thank you Tthree ,that's the similar idea I got.