Thread: smru: ken uston footage

smru

smru: ken uston footage

does anyone have or know where to find any footage of ken uston on talk shows he was on or filming of him playing on 20/20 or 60 minutes, etc. i'd like to see it.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: ken uston footage

> does anyone have or know where to find any
    > footage of ken uston on talk shows he was on
    > or filming of him playing on 20/20 or 60
    > minutes, etc. i'd like to see it.

Actually I have the tape of one or two of his shows, but just looked for it, among my hundreds of tapes, and can't locate it for the moment. Maybe I'll manage to find it later.

Don

Sonny

Sonny: Re: ken uston footage

> does anyone have or know where to find any
    > footage of ken uston on talk shows he was on
    > or filming of him playing on 20/20 or 60
    > minutes, etc. i'd like to see it.

He has a 75 minute instructional video called "How To Win At Blackjack." It includes a cheeeeeesy intro montage, lessons in basic strategy, a simplified plus/minus count system and a fun little piano performance at the end. I got mine on eBay, but you could probably find one if you searched the internet.

-Sonny-

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: ken uston footage

I found the tape, but now have to go through it, because there were two segments on Uston, and I saw only one, which lasted five minutes.

It was on a show hosted by Bob Barker, and Kenny played a heads-up SD game for a $25,000 freeze-out, spreading from a required minimum of $200 to a top bet of $1,000. He got up $8,000 then sank like a stone and eventually tapped out.

I have to sift through the rest of my tape to find the other footage, which, as I recall, lasted longer than five minutes.

Don

Brick Waller

Brick Waller: Uston's strategy

Uston must of been betting very agressively to lose 25 max bets in such a short time. My guess is he was possibly betting the max at a 2tc or better. If your footage shows cards in clear view being dealt, it would be very interesting if you could anaylze his bet spread with the count and let us know what bet spread he was using in relation to the count and what the penetration was.

Thanks,
    Brick

> I found the tape, but now have to go through
    > it, because there were two segments on
    > Uston, and I saw only one, which lasted five
    > minutes.

> It was on a show hosted by Bob Barker, and
    > Kenny played a heads-up SD game for a
    > $25,000 freeze-out, spreading from a
    > required minimum of $200 to a top bet of
    > $1,000. He got up $8,000 then sank like a
    > stone and eventually tapped out.

> I have to sift through the rest of my tape
    > to find the other footage, which, as I
    > recall, lasted longer than five minutes.

> Don

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Uston's strategy

> Uston must of been betting very agressively
    > to lose 25 max bets in such a short time.

The tape was condensed to 5-6 minutes. The actual play took 7 hours, I think.

> My guess is he was possibly betting the max at
    > a 2tc or better. If your footage shows cards
    > in clear view being dealt, it would be very
    > interesting if you could anaylze his bet
    > spread with the count and let us know what
    > bet spread he was using in relation to the
    > count and what the penetration was.

No, no such detail. Just a random selection of hands, some with max bets, some with min ones.

Don