Thread: V-man: KO Preferred VS Hi-Lo in LS games

V-man

V-man: KO Preferred VS Hi-Lo in LS games

I ran on Norm's website the following games/count systems:
    - 6 decks, S17, DAS, no LS, Fair Pen, spread 1-12 scores 19.01 using KO Preferred and 18.71 using Hi-Lo Ill18+F4

19.01 and 18.71 closed enough, but if I add LS to the game above I got 24.36 for KO Pref and 30.67 with Hi-Lo Ill18+F4.

Looks like KO Preferred matrix doesn't edge out Don's Surrender Fab4? Anyway to improve the KO Preferred matrix for the LS games?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: KO Preferred VS Hi-Lo in LS games

You could use the Surrender indexes in Appendix 4 of KO BJ. Don't know how much this would help.

V-man

V-man: Re: KO Preferred VS Hi-Lo in LS games

> You could use the Surrender indexes in
    > Appendix 4 of KO BJ. Don't know how much
    > this would help.

Norm,
    Looks like your calculator on your web site does not incorporate the late surrender index. The SCORE gain from 19.01 (w/o LS) to 24.36 (with LS) is likely from applying pure Basic Strategy (with LS) alone? Does your calculator software allows the use of LS indexes?

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: KO Preferred VS Hi-Lo in LS games

I would guess that I did. But I made those runs so long ago I really don't remember for certain. The indexes are in the files but I don't have time to examine them now. Remember, the KO Surrender indexes are not so great as all five indexes are the same. I'm in the process of re-running all sims with additional rounds and details. That process will take two months. (A total of nearly 100,000 sims each including two Billion rounds.)

> Norm,
    > Looks like your calculator on your web site
    > does not incorporate the late surrender
    > index. The SCORE gain from 19.01 (w/o LS) to
    > 24.36 (with LS) is likely from applying pure
    > Basic Strategy (with LS) alone? Does your
    > calculator software allows the use of LS
    > indexes?