Thread: Ko Fan: Question on BJA2 Double Deck

Ko Fan

Ko Fan: Question on BJA2 Double Deck

In BJA2 it states that Don's betting scheme for double deck tops out at 6 units at +5 true as an example.

Assuming you were playing a DD game in which cover was not needed and heat was minimal, ideally would one spread to two hands similar to what the book says to do on 6 deck games ie: 6 units one hand at +4 true and spread to 2 hands of 6 units at +5? Or would you spread to two hands on DD say at +2 instead?

I am trying to maximize profits but still keep my ROR equal or better than playing one hand.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Question on BJA2 Double Deck

> In BJA2 it states that Don's betting scheme
    > for double deck tops out at 6 units at +5
    > true as an example.

> Assuming you were playing a DD game in which
    > cover was not needed and heat was minimal,
    > ideally would one spread to two hands
    > similar to what the book says to do on 6
    > deck games ie: 6 units one hand at +4 true
    > and spread to 2 hands of 6 units at +5? Or
    > would you spread to two hands on DD say at
    > +2 instead?

You could spread to two hands of 6, or you could put out 8 units (or more) on the one hand. You could also spread to two hands earlier, if you aren't playing alone, but many 2-deck layouts have only 5 spots, and you may not always have the room.

When heat and cover are minimal, there are many variations on the theme that become permissible.

Don

> I am trying to maximize profits but still
    > keep my ROR equal or better than playing one
    > hand.