Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: J Morgan: MIT Team book review

Parker

Parker: Just for the record . . .

I deleted exactly one post in the entire "MIT book" thread. I'd like to thank everyone who participated for showing a little restraint and making my job a lot easier.

Overall, I found the thread entertaining, and for the most part civil and polite - far from a "flamefest," as it was called on another website.

Rhetorich

Rhetorich: Re: What did and didn't happen

> * When needed, Arnold provided us with
    > originals from his private collection to
    > photocopy for fills.
    [...]
    > * Arnold received and cashed 2 separate
    > royalty checks for all BJF complete
    > collection sales. All royalty checks come
    > with a complete breakdown of item sales.
    > Based on previous knowledge and the
    > breakdown, the source of the sales was
    > obvious.
    >
    > * We stopped selling them because a friend
    > suggested it was unethical and a bad idea to
    > continue doing so. He was right.

At the risk of continuing this thread, *why* was your friend correct about it being unethical to continue? If Arnold was aware & supportive & properly compensated, what was the problem?

On the other hand, if what was happening behind the scenes resembled, say, Godzilla wrestling King Kong, I'd like to see the video

Godzilla: Never a dino-saur loser.
    King Kong: The original Gorilla BP.

Brick

Brick: Then it's the grudge.

So the reason you disagree is because of your obvious grudge. If you have a desire to disagree,at least have a practical meaning of why. I would not disagree, just to disagree, then look for excuses of why.

If Ken Uston were alive today and was a drug abuser,he would NOT be allowed to play on my team.

Sorry Norm, I dont need to be influenced by junkies. Maybe this explains the surmising withdraw and early death Mr.Uston or the misfortunes of Brian Wilson(one of the greatest songwriters in history). Drugs are a one way ticket to hell. If you want to run a team of junkies you'll need alot of positive deviation(LUCK) to succeed.

Rhetorich

Rhetorich: If Kenny were alive ...

> If Ken Uston were alive today and was a drug
    > abuser,he would NOT be allowed to play on my
    > team.

Ken Uston, Marilyn Monroe, Andy Kaufmann and Elvis *are* all alive and using drugs today. In fact, they're running a team of shuffle trackers at the MGM on swing shift tonite, disguised as impersonators of themselves. Check it out, but *don't* blow their cover, OK?

Viktor Nacht

Viktor Nacht: Re: What did and didn't happen

It was a very chaotic and hence grey time. Everyone was trying to get things sorted out for themselves and no one was thinking-through or paying strict attention to everything going on. It was a mistake to continue that business practice after the changes and we stopped as soon we were reminded of that fact.

Good Cards,

V

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: Then it's the grudge.

It ain't my grudge. And that insult is out of line.

Brick

Brick: wrong phrasing

Norm, I typed my post too quickly. What I mean is I will not be influenced by team members who are drug abusers(junkies). Sorry if my post came on wrong,no offense.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Drug use

I have always been anti-drug. But my point is that these are superficial views of people. Cocaine was legal in the U.S. until 1914. Everyone that drank Coca-Cola was on cocaine until 1903. Heroin was legal until 1920. Amphetamines (more powerful than cocaine) were heavily prescribed in the 50s. LSD was legal until 1967. But, the country wasn?t in ruination. Blowing cigarette smoke (with its 40 carcinogens) in someone?s face is still legal. Do you know how many billions of dollars are spent on Xanax, Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil, Nardil, Lorazepam and Valium in the U.S. - legally? Drug use should certainly be considered as one factor in selecting team members. But to use terms like ?crack cocaine? and ?shooting up? in referring to anyone that uses drugs is superficial, simplistic, short-sighted and simply nonsensical if you are stating no team would keep such a person. By the way, I would far rather have a cocaine user on a team than a Xanax user; even though Xanax (alprazolam) is legal. It destroys concentration.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456