Thread: guy from the Southwest: I hate this game.

guy from the Southwest

guy from the Southwest: I hate this game.

Double deck. Head-up. I'm gettin' hammered here. Blood's ankle-deep in the blackjack pit, and most of it's mine.

But wait -- opportunity rears its head again!

There's one more hand in front of the cut-card, and the TC totals plus 16. I haven't seen a double-deck count that high since Eisenhower lived in the White House, so I shove out the shillings.

Here come de cards.

I flip 'em, and find a 5-4. Five-four's not bad, considering the dealer's showin' a three. Since I'm willin' to wager he's got a 10 underneath, I commit the rest of the rent-money to a good-probability double-down.

All I need now is a drum-roll as the dealer hits me with -- would you believe it? -- a 10! Fairness and justice permeate all the earth (except maybe the Chicago police department) and my faith is restored.

So I won, right?

WRONG, pit boss-breath!

Dealer flips his hole-card, and just as you expected, it's a 10.

And then he hits it with an eight.

The rest, as they say, is history.

It gets worse.

A while later I'm head-up at another double deck table. Guy sits down with a stack of chips that would make a dent in California's deficit.

We play through a couple of shoes, and it's obvious he doesn't count anything except his money. Plays good basic strategy, but the more negative the count, the bigger he tends to bet. Of course you can DO that if you win. He wins.

Once again the cut-card's fast approaching, but this time we're looking at a count that's off the chart on the ugly side. I've got coffee-money on the square, but my new neighbor -- whom I now figure for a former Enron trader -- is betting huge.

We get cards.

Can't remember my exact hand, except I multiple-hit it up to 18 against the dealer's five. Eddie Enron owns a pair of sevens. Splits 'em, draws another seven, and splits again. Now he goes to work, and cards come out like Democrats at a Kennedy political rally. By the time he's finished, he's taken so many hits you can hardly see the layout, and he's stiff on every hand.

This time the drum-roll sounds for him.

Dealer turns his hole-card. An ace. That's sixteen, the way I figure it. Hits it with a six. Then with another ace. Then a two. And finally, a . . . seven.

I win!

Whoopee. I've got enough for a modest meal, and 'ol Eddie rakes in more than the Gross Domestic Product of Rwanda.

I HATE this game, and I'm never playin' again.

Until after dinner.

Bren_22

Bren_22: Re: I hate this game.

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY...ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME DURING SOME PART OF THE DAY

suicyco maniac

suicyco maniac: Re: I hate this game.

> NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY...ALWAYS HAPPENS
    > TO ME DURING SOME PART OF THE DAY

Kinda like the 2 deck slug I cut my self with a true count of plus 19 uston apc and all I got was about 2 good hands and the rest were stiffs while every one down wind of me got 20s and snappers One round the only two cards that werent 10s were my 5 and 6 but unfor6tunatly they were on both of my haands not togetherr!!!

BlackJackHack

BlackJackHack: Uston APC

Hey, maniac, you're using the Uston APC? I thought I was the only one. I have heard that the tables in MDBJ are not entirely reliable, and have done some simulations that do indicate that. I'm be interested in sharing info with other UAPC players. Please respond (or email me) if you're interested.

Bren_22

Bren_22: Re: Uston APC

UAPC is a good counting system...if you already have it mastered then fine...but I would never suggest to anybody to learn the UAPC..that type of system is out dated...simple systems...played head-up...at a fast pace...is the way to go for the modern game...beats any multi or tracking system.

suicyco maniac

suicyco maniac: Re: Uston APC

> Hey, maniac, you're using the Uston APC? I
    > thought I was the only one. I have heard
    > that the tables in MDBJ are not entirely
    > reliable, and have done some simulations
    > that do indicate that. I'm be interested in
    > sharing info with other UAPC players. Please
    > respond (or email me) if you're interested.

Sso I am not the only person stupid enough to change to an eaisieer count after wasting my time learning this count we must be the only two