See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Blogs

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blogs

You may have noticed a new button in the navigation bar. While migrating to the new server, I added the vBulletin blogging functionality. To try it out, I’ve migrated my blog. The facility allows multiple blogs. That is, all members have blogs. We may want to create policies for this. But my current feeling is that anyone should have this ability. Anyone can also make comments to blogs, just as they would post to a thread. (Members can change these rules for their own blogs.)

Blogging is an odd phenomenon. I started a blog because I wanted to a place to keep updates to my book that allowed comments. WordPress proved very convenient for this purpose. Although I like WordPress, vBulletin’s blogger has the advantage of integration with the forum. Not only the same styles and posting methods, but integration into the Search function. Perform a search, and both forum and blog posts as well as blog comments will appear in the same list. Other examples of integration exist. For example, below this forum post, like all posts, you will now find a Blog this Post button. Clicking this allows you to quickly quote a forum post in your blog.

As of 2010, there were 152 million blogs. It has been said that 99.99% of blogs are read only by their own authors. Another advantage of creating a blog in an active forum is exposure. There are interesting, valuable blogs by several Blackjack luminaries that no one finds without specifically looking. Collocation with an active forum can solve this problem.

There is also a CMS (Content Management System) module that I have installed that allows publication of articles. I have it turned off as I haven’t found a use. It is also integrated with Search, and the blogs and forums.

Comments, suggestions, questions are welcome.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Another advantage of creating a blog in an active forum is exposure.
    As an example, this forum was moved to blackjacktheforum.com five days ago, and Bryce posted his craps article two days ago. Type Bryce Carlson on Craps into Google, and his post comes up #1.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    But my current feeling is that anyone should have this ability.
    maybe there should be a self exclusion list for kewljason, etc