Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hurricane: which system?

hurricane

hurricane: which system?

Need some advice. I use the Canfield Expert system but have recently seen some system comparisons that show it haveing a realatively low Betting Correlation. It does, however, have a pretty good Playing Effeciency - I assume BC in much more important than PE.

My local game is: 6 deck, Dealer hits S17, can double after splits and resplits:

I am considering the K.O. system and the Wong Hi/Low.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Norm Wattenberger

Norm Wattenberger: Re: which system?

Both are good. You might try the BJ Strategy Advisor at the below link.

hurricane

hurricane: Re: which system?

> Both are good. You might try the BJ Strategy
    > Advisor at the below link.

Wow! Awesome websight. Here were my results:

Score
    Hi-Opt 11 for playing, RPC for Betting 14.58
    Adv. Omega 11, Full Indexes, Ace side 13.94
    Hi-Opt 11, Full Indexes, Ace side 13.6
    Hi-Opt 11, Full Indexes 11.55
    Hi-Opt 1, Full Indexes, Ace Side 11.03
    Hi-Lo, Full Indexes, 4 playing errors/hr 10.95
    Canfield Expert, Ill 18 and Fab 4 7.58

Note: I use the Canfield Expert with Full Indexes and an Ace Side count - I wonder how that would compare to the 7.58 score above and to the other systems listed???

A couple of questions: I'm leaning towards the Hi-Lo w/ Full Indexes because I think it will be similar to Canfield's Expert (Level 1 with Indexes): Is the Hi-Lo in the "calculator" the Wongs version that counts Aces?

Also, I'm pretty sure I could learn a simple level 2 count. Does the Hi-Opt 11 fit that bill?
    If so, I will probably learn that one because I can do a side count of Aces pretty well and improve upon the Hi-Opt w/ Full Indexes with time.

Last question: The RPC system was not one of the choices in the system calculator but it's betting indexes can improve the Hi-Opt 11 outcomes. Can you tell me more about this and the RPC system.

Thanks so much for your help

Ibeam

Ibeam: Re: which system?

> Both are good. You might try the BJ Strategy
    > Advisor at the below link.
    I visited the site you mentioned and was surprised to see that the red 7 (level 1) was ranked above the ubz II (level 2 ). Is this right?

Norm Wattenberger

> I visited the site you mentioned and was
    > surprised to see that the red 7 (level 1)
    > was ranked above the ubz II (level 2 ). Is
    > this right?

Sorry, no. The BJ Strategy Advisor does not rate the power of a strategy. It rates the fit of a strategy to your specific circumstances. It will give different answers to different people. The Counting Results Calculator and the Income Calculator will rate the power of strategies. But again the rating can change depending on all of the settings.

Norm Wattenberger

> A couple of questions: I'm leaning towards
    > the Hi-Lo w/ Full Indexes because I think it
    > will be similar to Canfield's Expert (Level
    > 1 with Indexes): Is the Hi-Lo in the
    > "calculator" the Wongs version
    > that counts Aces?

No I didn't include Ace counts. Very few people side-count Aces in an Ace-reckoned strategy and almost no one in a shoe game. In fact, Stanford dropped the tables from the '95 version of ProBJ because the gain is so small.

> Also, I'm pretty sure I could learn a simple
    > level 2 count. Does the Hi-Opt 11 fit that
    > bill?
    > If so, I will probably learn that one
    > because I can do a side count of Aces pretty
    > well and improve upon the Hi-Opt w/ Full
    > Indexes with time.

Well I wouldn't call Hi-Opt II simple. Yes it is a great strategy. But I would guess most users play hand-held games.

> Last question: The RPC system was not one of
    > the choices in the system calculator but
    > it's betting indexes can improve the Hi-Opt
    > 11 outcomes. Can you tell me more about this
    > and the RPC system.

I placed the combo Hi-Opt II/RPC numbers in the calculator for fun. I don't expect anyone to realistically use this combo. RPC is a great strategy for shoes. Much easier than Hi-Opt II with a side count and extremely close in performance.

hurricane

Norm,

Thanks for all your help. Where would I go about learning the RPC system? Is there a book with instructions and indexes?

Last question: How would you compare Wongs Hi-Lo vs RPC in terms of BC, PE and ease of use?

dealer hits soft 17,
    double on anything,
    double after splits,
    6 deck shoe

Thanks again for all your help.

Norm Wattenberger

> Norm,

> Thanks for all your help. Where would I go
    > about learning the RPC system? Is there a
    > book with instructions and indexes?

Lawrence Revere's Playing BJ as a Business. The indexes aren't quite right for shoes. I think they're in BJRM, can be generated with SBA.

> Last question: How would you compare Wongs
    > Hi-Lo vs RPC in terms of BC, PE and ease of
    > use?

BC & PE are better with RPC. Obviously more difficult as it's two level. Some people find level 2 much more difficult and some people aren't bothered at all.

hurricane

I don't have SBA (don't even know what it is).
    What is BJRM?

Thanks Norm

Dave

Dave: Re: which system?

> Need some advice. I use the Canfield Expert
    > system but have recently seen some system
    > comparisons that show it haveing a
    > realatively low Betting Correlation. It
    > does, however, have a pretty good Playing
    > Effeciency - I assume BC in much more
    > important than PE.

> My local game is: 6 deck, Dealer hits S17,
    > can double after splits and resplits:

> I am considering the K.O. system and the
    > Wong Hi/Low.

> Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I use the Hi-Lo (level 1) and its working good for me. I use a mix between basic strategy and a few indices and its fine. I've heard some bad things about K.O. so I would recommend a balanced count like halves or hi-low. Of course, with KO it could be the user.....With 6 decks, playing efficiency isn't going to matter all that much. Unless you are going to play single and double decks, I wouldn't even bother learning too many indices. Learn 16 v T , Insurance, 15 v T, 13 v 2, 12 v 4, ...basically the I18. Just know basic strategy very well.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: which system?

> I don't have SBA (don't even know what it
    > is).
    > What is BJRM?

Go to the Meet the Masters hypertext, to the left, under Don's Domain, and read about SBA, under Karel Janecek's bio, BJRM, under John Auston, and, while you're at it, CV, under Norm Wattenberger. Then, click on the product description hypertext for more details.

Don

Norm Wattenberger

> I don't have SBA (don't even know what it
    > is).
    > What is BJRM?

Thought I'd wait for someone else to answer. SBA & BJRM are products sold by respected competitors of mine. Didn't seem right for me to respond

hurricane

Norm,

Keep in mind i'm not a math or computer wiz - but if I purchased CVBJ would I be able to get good indices for RPC system? Also, does the CVBJ have the ability to change indices for different BJ rule variations for RPC and different counting systems?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast