Thread: .: B in B: A,7 vs. Ace

.: B in B: A,7 vs. Ace

the basic strategy tables in Blackbelt in Blackjack state that one should *stand* with A,7 vs. Ace, the exception being to hit in single-deck or when H17. my other sources tell me precisely the opposite! is this a typo? the Hi-Lo Lite index is 0, what should i do at counts 0 and above, stand with A,7 vs. Ace?

thanks in advance.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: B in B: A,7 vs. Ace

> the basic strategy tables in Blackbelt in
    > Blackjack state that one should *stand* with
    > A,7 vs. Ace, the exception being to hit in
    > single-deck or when H17. my other sources
    > tell me precisely the opposite! is this a
    > typo?

Yes, the p. 176 info is a typo and is, therefore, incorrect. Your "other sources" are correct.

>the Hi-Lo Lite index is 0, what should
    > i do at counts 0 and above, stand with A,7
    > vs. Ace?

Yes.

Don

Dan Z

Dan Z: Re: B in B: A,7 vs. Ace

Aside from memorizing the tables, it's a little bit to think about this "theoretically". A dealer ace in H17 makes higher totals, but also busts more often. In other words, it behaves more like a ten.

This means that hitting the A,7 will more often cause you to bust when the dealer would have, and any improvement will be less likely to help - since the dealer will more often make a very high total.

Thus one should be more inclined to stand in a H17 game.

Hope this is helpful.

Dan Z

Cacarulo

Cacarulo: A7vA or Soft 18vA?

> the basic strategy tables in Blackbelt in
    > Blackjack state that one should *stand* with
    > A,7 vs. Ace, the exception being to hit in
    > single-deck or when H17. my other sources
    > tell me precisely the opposite! is this a
    > typo? the Hi-Lo Lite index is 0, what should
    > i do at counts 0 and above, stand with A,7
    > vs. Ace?

If you're referring to A7vA then BS is to always HIT except for 1d,S17 where you should STAND.
    Now, if you're talking about S18vA there's another exception: 2d,S17 in which the correct decision is to STAND.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cacarulo