Thread: .: Twice every hand?

.: Twice every hand?

so i calculate the true count twice with every round: once *before* the cards come out for betting, and a second time *during* that round for playing (now counting all the cards that have come out so far)? does this mean i should floor the TC for betting and use the exact TC for playing my hands. is there any way to play your hands according to the RC with balanced counts. are there any shortcuts to having to calculate the TC twice with every hand, or can i use the betting TC as my count for playing decisions in that round?

BTW, thanks Parker! former unbalanced count user here, now working on the RPC. you understand...

cheers.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Twice every hand?

> so i calculate the true count twice with
    > every round: once *before* the cards come
    > out for betting, and a second time *during*
    > that round for playing (now counting all the
    > cards that have come out so far)?

Exactly.

> does this
    > mean i should floor the TC for betting and
    > use the exact TC for playing my hands.

If you care to. Your indices aren't "exact," so you don't need to be any more exact than they are! :-)

> is there any way to play your hands according
    > to the RC with balanced counts.

Not accurately, no.

> are there
    > any shortcuts to having to calculate the TC
    > twice with every hand, or can i use the
    > betting TC as my count for playing decisions
    > in that round?

Sure, you can be as inaccurate as you choose to be! :-) My suggestion: Stop looking for shortcuts and do the work.

Don

ET Fan

ET Fan: Not exactly

I will simply point out, on many hands it's unnecessary to do ANY RC to TC conversion. If the RC is negative, you don't need the TC to know your bet will be as small as you can possibly get away with. And many hands have no index, so the TC plays no role in the play of those hand.

ETF

learning tocount

learning tocount: Re: Twice every hand?

So to be clear in my mind You must know the tc before you bet and know the tc when your turn comes to make your hand's playing decision.

.: Re: Not exactly

i asked exactly the same thing above. thanks for your post ET Fan.

G Man

G Man: Re: YES, exactly ! *NM*