Thread: .: Blackjack Reality

.: Blackjack Reality

i just finished this self-published book by Dave Morse, and i gotta tell ya, there is some serious information in here. i enjoyed it thoroughly, and still do when i re-read over some of my favorite parts. the book covers the halves count, however, all the drills and money management tips are applicable to all. the concept of signature cards is also covered here and worth alone the price of the entire book. i highly recommend Dave's work, which in my opinion, is superbly written and very enlightening. shuffle tracking is covered too. just one piece of advice: Mr. Morse doesn't waste his time repeating things throughout the book, which is why it is only 100 pages long. so pay attention, for in a single sentence he might have given you the key to the kingdom.

maybe it could be included in the RGE catalog?

cheers all, hope reviews are acceptable here...

Bettie

Bettie: Re: Blackjack Reality

> maybe it could be included in the RGE
    > catalog?

It is currently listed in the print catalog on the back page with the "Also Available from RGE" items. In truth, it is not a popular book, but I am convinced that the reason is because everyone already owns it!

Actually, I didn't realize that the book was not in our online catalog. That will be remedied next week. Thanks,

Bettie

.: Re: Blackjack Reality

yeah, neither is Blackjack in the Zone 2e. one would assume that most players already own Blackjack Reality, but to my knowledge, there are more who have not even heard of it. it's a shame.

cheers.

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Blackjack Reality

> yeah, neither is Blackjack in the Zone 2e.
    > one would assume that most players already
    > own Blackjack Reality, but to my knowledge,
    > there are more who have not even heard of
    > it. it's a shame.

I count 54 titles in the current GBC catalog section of BJ books, and "Blackjack Reality" isn't there.

Why would you think that is, if it's such a wonderful book?

Why would no one EVER quote it anywhere, on Web sites, in print, etc.? Just inquiring.

Don

.: Re: Blackjack Reality

Bettie said it, not me. you're right in your observations Don, but i feel it has more to do with the price of the book. not many people would pay $60 for a 100 pg. book, i think that's pretty clear. moreover, you don't hear much hype over, say George C.'s ACC probably because it's going at a buck per page! although it's a valuable report... conclusion, most "players" don't even know what to buy or what's close to being good, and that's the truth.

Parker

Parker: Ahem . . .

> I count 54 titles in the current GBC catalog
    > section of BJ books, and "Blackjack
    > Reality" isn't there.

> Why would you think that is, if it's such a
    > wonderful book?

> Why would no one EVER quote it anywhere, on
    > Web sites, in print, etc.? Just inquiring.

Assuming that by "GBC" you are referring to Gambler's Book Club in Las Vegas (Howard & friends), then they do indeed carry the Morse book. Link below.

In addition, what they do not carry is anything by George C., which kind of shoots down this whole line of reasoning.

It's not very often that I get to disagree with Don. :-)

Don Schlesinger

Don Schlesinger: Re: Ahem . . .

> Assuming that by "GBC" you are
    > referring to Gambler's Book Club in Las
    > Vegas (Howard & friends), then they do
    > indeed carry the Morse book. Link below.

What can I say? I looked in the 2002-3 PRINT catalog of GBC. The book is NOT there.

> In addition, what they do not carry is
    > anything by George C., which kind of shoots
    > down this whole line of reasoning.

George markets his own books directly for the most part, and that's the way he prefers it, no?

> It's not very often that I get to disagree
    > with Don. :-)

I'm surprised that the print catalog and the Web site don't correspond. Obviously, the print catalog is a once-a-year affair, while the Web site can be updated constantly. I can only guess that the title was added within the last year to their online catalog and will be in next year's print catalog, or that its omission in the current print version was an oversight.

Don

Bettie

Bettie: Or perhaps...

> I'm surprised that the print catalog and the
    > Web site don't correspond. Obviously, the
    > print catalog is a once-a-year affair, while
    > the Web site can be updated constantly. I
    > can only guess that the title was added
    > within the last year to their online catalog
    > and will be in next year's print catalog, or
    > that its omission in the current print
    > version was an oversight.

The opposite may also be true. For example, they are phasing the book out and do not want to be committed to selling it for another year when they can remove it from the website as soon as the last one is sold. That is only conjecture, BTW. I do not know why they do not correspond.

As for the ommission of BJ in the Zone 2 from our web catalog, that is because I have been awaiting the final web art for the cover, which has only recently been completed. Besides, I have enough back orders for the book without adding more. Also, book will be done this week and mailed out Friday or next Monday, as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
    Bettie

Birthday Boy (22)

Birthday Boy (22): Don (or anybody else!)...

have you actually read the Book. It's just that you give the impression that you don't like it very much!
    Your views would be appreciated as I plan to but it.

thxs

Birthday Boy (22)

Birthday Boy (22): meant to say "Buy It!" :-( *NM*