Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help calculating EV

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Help calculating EV

Edited.
    Last edited by bjarg; 04-09-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Edited.

Edited.

Tthree, just curious, what are using to calculate the EV for this game?

Edited.

Blog Entries

Yes, 3:2, double on any 2 cards, RS4 are assumed for the online calculator. Only so many of the trillions of combinations are included here.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Edited.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Thanks a lot Norm!
    The reason I asked is because I found a place with rules that Ive never seen before and was intrigued on what my EV would be.
    4D, S17, ES, RS4, RSA, D2, DAS
    Blackjack pays 2:1 and penetration is 97% because they dont use a cut card! They just burn 5 cards and then go through the entire shoe.
    The place has no heat at all because I dont think they even know what card counting is.
    Conditions probably won't stay like this for too long, but since the place is not big and not many counters play there (at least I never came across any) Im hoping it'll take a while for them to realize what they're doing.

Thanks again for all your help!
    could you tell me in which country is that game?, city?
    Use PM if you would.

If you double your max bet you double your EV as long as your betting units at each 1% of advantage are also doubled. If you just double your spread you don't double your EV.

Blackjack pays 2:1 and penetration is 97% because they dont use a cut card!
    Just make sure BJ is 2:1 and not 2 for 1

^ What's 2 for 1 mean?

Partially on-topic, if the OP (original poster) were to change his betting schedule from 5-60 to 10-120, would that double his hourly "wage"? If he were to bet 1/2 unit ($5) on negative counts, that would even increase his hourly wage more ? ie: He'd be making more than $22/hour by betting 5$ in negative counts, and 10-120 in positive counts when the count sees fit? (Then, this would also increase the player's Risk of Ruin....am I right?)

Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. =\

Thanks a lot Norm!
    The reason I asked is because I found a place with rules that Ive never seen before and was intrigued on what my EV would be.
    4D, S17, ES, RS4, RSA, D2, DAS
    Blackjack pays 2:1 and penetration is 97% because they dont use a cut card! They just burn 5 cards and then go through the entire shoe.
    The place has no heat at all because I dont think they even know what card counting is.
    Conditions probably won't stay like this for too long, but since the place is not big and not many counters play there (at least I never came across any) Im hoping it'll take a while for them to realize what they're doing.

Thanks again for all your help!
    This is not a game.....it's an ATM machine. Play this for 12 hours/day 7 days/week until they pull the game....and if you want me to play the other 12 hour shift for you while you are sleeping tell me where it is.
    "The men who succeed are the efficient few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves." ---Herbert Casson

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    JG, I suspect that an ante is involved.
    Nope, no ante.Maybe some drug money laundry... But no ante.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast