See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum changes

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Forum changes

As the forum software is now three months old, and thus ancient in tech years, I’m planning a major upgrade this month. If there are any requests for large changes, now is the time as I’ll be reinstalling from scratch and will have the ability to experiment.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If this goes through I am leaving this forum for good!

(Greenchip Joke)

Blog Entries

Yeah, me too. Fight the Future!
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I miss DOS...

Please move our forum to the Cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    As the forum software is now three months old, and thus ancient in tech years, I’m planning a major upgrade this month. If there are any requests for large changes, now is the time as I’ll be reinstalling from scratch and will have the ability to experiment.
    Good one Norm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by First Normal Form View Post
    Please move our forum to the Cloud.
    Like this?

musgroom.PNG

15-20 years ago, I used to wander around the globe giving lectures on interoperability. I created slides of a cloud filled with different types of servers and devices. Never used the term "cloud server," which is really a sales term, not a tech term.

An option for RSS subscription would be great!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nightspirit View Post
    An option for RSS subscription would be great!
    RSS feed added at www.qfit.com/bj/external.php or if that fails www.qfit.com/bj/external.php?type=RSS2. For those not familiar, I'll add info on how to subscribe when I get a sec.

(Took me a whole four minutes. Don't you hate modern software.)

RSS feed added at www.qfit.com/bj/external.php or if that fails www.qfit.com/bj/external.php?type=RSS2. For those not familiar, I'll add info on how to subscribe when I get a sec.

(Took me a whole four minutes. Don't you hate modern software.)
    Excellent!! Thank you!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I understand that some will object, but change is a constant in life, and I encourage you to ditch this obsolete, soon-to-be-unsupported software in favor of something more modern.

This will surely cost us the participation of many senior members, but they will still be able to listen to their 78s on the Victrola and chat with the iceman about how things would have turned out better if McKinley hadn't been shot.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Or...we could all meet up once/week down at the corner barbershop to hold our chat about all items AP. The coke machine prices have jumped to 25 cents there, however.
    "The men who succeed are the efficient few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves." ---Herbert Casson

Like this?

musgroom.PNG

15-20 years ago, I used to wander around the globe giving lectures on interoperability. I created slides of a cloud filled with different types of servers and devices. Never used the term "cloud server," which is really a sales term, not a tech term.
    I'm in IT, and I still don't know what The Cloud is. I just know it will solve all my problems.

RSS feed was a great idea. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast