I received the following from BJ author Lance Humble, who graciously allowed me to post the information online.

I played in the Atlantis on Paradise Island Bahamas in the first week of XXXXX.

Mostly 6 decks with almost 2 decks cut off. Las Vegas rules. Crowded in afternoons and evenings with cruise ship tourists. Spotted only two counters. Both were big winners. But it could have been due to dealers busting a lot that one time. I also won then but lost overall to the 6 deck game. Most players played basic strategy but not perfectly.

There was one single deck table most days and a second single deck table on some other days. Although the rules were bad here with blackjacks paying 6 to 5 and the dealer hitting soft 17 it was an easy game to beat and I did very well here. They did allow doubling after splitting and insurance but no surrender.

No heat whatsoever. Most tables were $15 minimums, some only $10 and the rest $25, $50, $100, and one at $500 minimum every day.

On some days there was no ventilation and the smoke was so bad one literally choked on it. The dealers were very friendly and greatly appreciative of tips.