Thread: roberto: playable pontoon game?

roberto

roberto: playable pontoon game?

I am travelling and unfortunatedly the "normal" BJ games are poor.
    there is a pontoon game, too, but i am not a pontoon expert. more precisely: i never played it.
    The rules:
    S17, 6D
    pontoon pays 2:1, but dealer wins pontoon ties
    5 card trick pays 3/2, dealer does not benefit from a five card trick, i.e. it is just a normal hand for dealer, player is paid at once his 5 card trick, including against dealer's Ace and ten
    double maximum 3 times with the original bet, i.e. double, if you like triple, if you like 4 times your original bet. just if you doubled on 2 cards, i.e. no double on 3 cards if you just hit 2 cards. double on any 2.
    ENHC
    RS3, including aces, A+10 is a pontoos after split, rehit aces after split, DAS
    no surrender
    dealer wins ties, including pontoon, but player's 5 card trick always wins 3/2
    Where can i find the basic strategy and the edge?

MGP

MGP: Re: playable pontoon game?

roberto

roberto: Thanks, but...

... the details are so different that i cannot estimate the edge.
    different details are:
    no rehit after double, but double 2 times more after the first double of each hand. I.e. buy one more card for one more bet, maximum till you have 4 bets on your hand.
    5 card trick pays just 3/2, but beats any dealer's card at once, including dealer's ace or 10 with a possible pontoon, and 5 card trick does not help dealer.
    Is there any software, internet page or book available? or anyone knows anything?

BJTr

BJTr: Re: playable pontoon game?

I play a similar game with better rules. The game is offered at 4 countries to my knowledge.
    My game is full ES but dealer Pontoon takes player 5 card and dealer 5 card wins player on pushes also when you have 4 cards less or equal to 11, can you double (mine can't)?
    I think your game has an EV of about breaking even with BS.

roberto

roberto: Re: playable pontoon game?

i cannot double on 3 or more cards if i have not doubled on 2 cards. it is allowed to double after double (if you doubled on 2 cards) with an initial bet, maximum 3 times, i.e. till you have 4 original bets.
    dealer plays his hand as a normal hand even with 5 cards, i.e. for example hits 5 card 16 and pays any 18 if he has 5 card 17. and dealer pays your 5 card at once, even with an ace or face card as upcard. is this really worth less than ES? a further point is that the BS games in this city are nearly all cut half shoes, but the pontoon has a pen of 5/6.
    where can i find the basic strategy for this kind of game?
    thanks for answering

> I play a similar game with better rules. The game is
    > offered at 4 countries to my knowledge.
    > My game is full ES but dealer Pontoon takes player 5
    > card and dealer 5 card wins player on pushes also when
    > you have 4 cards less or equal to 11, can you double
    > (mine can't)?
    > I think your game has an EV of about breaking even
    > with BS.

BJTr

BJTr: Re: playable pontoon game?

I ask specifically that:
    If you have doubled 2 cards, then 3 cards and become 4 cards 11... for example, you have 6, double, get 2, double again, get 3, now you are 4 cards 11, can you double again? Or the dealer will give you one "free" card not allowing you double again? This rule makes 2% difference in EV alone. My game does not allow for doubling if 4 cars 11 or less.
    I play with a BS developed for this game. We should discuss further privately. You can e-mail me at [email protected]

roberto

roberto: ok, i will mail you... *NM*

Mister M

Mister M: Off the top %

I have played 2 games recently with an off the top % as simmed by CVCX:

1, +0.91%. 4D - 2 Pile,1 pass RR.
    2, +0.51%. 4D - 4 Pile, 1 pass RR.

Both games are in the Continent of Africa but the maximums are not great. There are 7 boxes though.

Best
    M

Orson

Orson: Was that a pontoon or regular BJ? *NM*

Mister M

Mister M: Regular BJ *NM*

Orson

Orson: Re: Regular BJ

Would you like to share this info? I may give something worthy in exchange. E-mail me at the address above, if interested.

Orson