Thread: CVData, insurance and surrender

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData, insurance and surrender

Norm,

If the count dictates to insure and the BS move is a surrender, how does CVData behave? Does it take insurance and bypass LS? Does it bypass insurance and make a surrender move? Does both of them?

Thanks,

BJFan

Blog Entries

The simulator has grown a life of its own. CVBJ has an option to allow both Insure and Surrender as I have done this. CVData doesn't because it's so rare. You can use the Hand Log or the Debug feature to find out exactly how the simulator will treat any set of options.

Sorry, to be obscure. But, there are so many options it is difficult to answer a question without knowing every option setting. The debug feature allows you to set a particular hand and see how the sim treats it in that exact circumstance.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

OK, Norm, understood. But in real life and provided you can't do both things at the same time, is it better to insure or to surrender a hand playing with an optimal bet ramp?

Blog Entries

Insure
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks!

I've done both. Insure first and if no BJ, then LS. Why would that not be an option?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I've done both. Insure first and if no BJ, then LS. Why would that not be an option?
    I hate when that happens but yes I have done both. If the count is high enough take the insurance. If no BJ, surrrender the stiff hand. People at the table, the dealer and the pit look at you like you're a big idiot but that's the correct play based on the count and the stiff in your hand.
    "The men who succeed are the efficient few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves." ---Herbert Casson