Thread: Which deviations?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Which deviations?

I'm in the process of learning all positive and negative deviations for hi lo. I have come across many different number sets, for example wongs, MIT, bj apprenticeship etc seem to have all different deviation numbers.....

so which one is best to learn?

They may be set for h17 or s17 make sure you know the rules of the game your playing. I thinks wongs would be
    fine.

MIT indices are Certainty Equivalent (CE) numbers and assume standard Strip rules: 6-decks, S17, DAS, RSA, LS.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

all my games are either : 6 deck/8deck (rarely) H17, DAS, RSA, LS and DD H17
    these are the games in vegas for low limit ie. $5 - $15 min tables.

so with this is mind, NT would your chart be suitable or should i continue to learn the Wong H17 chart in Professional BJ? Wong also recommends to learn only deviations from -6 to +6. SOunds like good advice?

cheers guys for help.

Max, I think you'd be fine to rely on Wong's charts. As for -6 to +6 indices, that would also be adequate.

That being said, i think it's pretty well documented now that I'm a big proponent of learning all index numbers, but i understand that's not for everyone.

If you are only going to learn some of them, I'd shift your range upwards, as you shouldn't be playing shoes that negative, and the more numbers you know on the plus side, the more equipped you'll be with larger bets out. So look at -2 to +8 instead.
    "There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

i agree with all indexes, i have recently moved to the next step in learning with memorising the indexes. i suppose the only benefit to negative is when playing DD. isnt it very difficult to constantly wong in and out of DD?
    cheers for help nt