Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17

Thread: shuffle tracking/ace sequencing carny games

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Lightbulb shuffle tracking/ace sequencing carny games

    hello this is my first post and am new to advantage play. I’ve been learning abt AP techniques other than card counting due to the lack of quality in games near me. there is a particular carny game at a my local card room that is a 6D, hand-shuffled game. The player can insert the cut card and can spread their bets to as many hands as they want. and similar to blackjack, the player wins by having better cards than the dealer. However, card counting isn’t effective in this game. I’d like to PM someone who is experienced in ace sequencing that I can explain more to because I’ve read on various forums that this game is beatable, but no one wants to spill the beans lol

  2. #2
    Senior Member Gramazeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    1,460
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It is heavily dependent on how many riffles there are and whether the strips are before or after the riffles.

    So tell us riffles and steps how many before after and we can tell you is it beatable

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastenvy View Post
    hello this is my first post and am new to advantage play. I’ve been learning abt AP techniques other than card counting due to the lack of quality in games near me. there is a particular carny game at a my local card room that is a 6D, hand-shuffled game. The player can insert the cut card and can spread their bets to as many hands as they want. and similar to blackjack, the player wins by having better cards than the dealer. However, card counting isn’t effective in this game. I’d like to PM someone who is experienced in ace sequencing that I can explain more to because I’ve read on various forums that this game is beatable, but no one wants to spill the beans lol
    With carny games you won't generally be looking at ace sequencing. You should be using sequence induction.

    But we'd need to know more about the game.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    183
    Blog Entries
    1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    With carny games you won't generally be looking at ace sequencing. You should be using sequence induction.

    But we'd need to know more about the game.
    May I ask, what is sequence induction?

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
    May I ask, what is sequence induction?
    That would be (legal) manipulation of the cards to create a card order with a post-shuffle positive expectation.

    You do this by returning the cards to the dealer in a specific way or playing your hands in a certain way.

    Take blackjack. Consider that it is very advantageous to the player if aces and tens are near each other after the shuffle. More blackjacks=lower house edge, greater gain from positive counts.

    Sequence induction can be preferable to sequencing because of the zero strain on memory, the much lower potential damage from any mistakes, the more practical exploitation of lower advantages and the considerably reduced visibility of the scheme. .

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    183
    Blog Entries
    1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    That would be (legal) manipulation of the cards to create a card order with a post-shuffle positive expectation.

    You do this by returning the cards to the dealer in a specific way or playing your hands in a certain way.

    Take blackjack. Consider that it is very advantageous to the player if aces and tens are near each other after the shuffle. More blackjacks=lower house edge, greater gain from positive counts.

    Sequence induction can be preferable to sequencing because of the zero strain on memory, the much lower potential damage from any mistakes, the more practical exploitation of lower advantages and the considerably reduced visibility of the scheme. .
    Ah, understand!

    I used to do it this way, on the first round, play 7 hands, in the hopes of getting a blackjack or two, then the two cards of the blackjack hand will be put on the bottom of the discard tray...
    Or sometimes, even hit a A2AT against dealer's 2...

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
    Ah, understand!

    I used to do it this way, on the first round, play 7 hands, in the hopes of getting a blackjack or two, then the two cards of the blackjack hand will be put on the bottom of the discard tray...
    Or sometimes, even hit a A2AT against dealer's 2...
    I rather suspected you would have developed this method yourself. You are quite sharp.

    There's some very interesting synergy between this approach and counting. But you probably knew that also....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    183
    Blog Entries
    1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    I rather suspected you would have developed this method yourself. You are quite sharp.

    There's some very interesting synergy between this approach and counting. But you probably knew that also....
    I am just a copycat, learnt from watching an AP's sequencing technique.
    Then, some results include placing 5000 pounds max bets on certain sure win hands.

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    That would be
    Sequence induction can be preferable to sequencing because of the zero strain on memory, the much lower potential damage from any mistakes, the more practical exploitation of lower advantages and the considerably reduced visibility of the scheme. .
    How to have zero strain on memory via induction??

  11. #11


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmoney View Post
    How to have zero strain on memory via induction??
    If you know that the cards will remain in close proximity after the shuffle then all you have to do is make sure they go in together (Peter gives a good example above).

    You've lowered the house edge and at blackjack card counting will be more effective-there's no additional strain on memory.

    For carny games you would be likely at a greater probability of making bonus payout hands.
    Last edited by Archvaldor; 07-09-2024 at 04:00 AM.

  12. #12


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    If you know that the cards will remain in close proximity after the shuffle then all you have to do is make sure they go in together (Peter gives a good example above).

    You've lowered the house edge and at blackjack card counting will be more effective-there's no additional strain on memory.

    For carny games you would be likely at a greater probability of making bonus payout hands.
    You still have to remember the two or more cards before the cards come out. Also you need to remember what cards are coming out to know what to play.

    Add in you may need to remember five or more such sequences since some may break up due to shuffling how is it zero strain on memory??

  13. #13


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwantmoney View Post
    You still have to remember the two or more cards before the cards come out. Also you need to remember what cards are coming out to know what to play.

    Add in you may need to remember five or more such sequences since some may break up due to shuffling how is it zero strain on memory??
    You are talking about sequencing aka card location aka ace location. We are talking about a different method.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shuffle Tracking Tools software compare to Qift CV Shuffle
    By seriousplayer in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 08:14 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.