Thread: Hand after the cut card last night

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hand after the cut card last night

Was playing last night and the cut card came out to the 3rd base during a hand, and the guy is holding it and playing with it.

The dealer forgot and proceeded to deal the next hand, with everyone hitting/standing with the dealer having an ace up.

Then another player notices the cut card, and starts making a fuss. Supervisor comes over and after a minute or so insists the hand is completed. Player who made a fuss got pissed and said he was cashing in and leaving, swearing as he stands up. Then the dealer gets a 5, 10 10 and he sits down again as if nothing happened.

Was quite funny, and all 6 players won the hand as no one busted, not even the idiot who stood on 13 LOL

What jurisdiction? This generally should be a dead hand.
    The Cash Cow.

As the Ancient Hawaiians used to say, "Only make a fuss after you lost."
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Banned or Suspended

Interesting topic. I am not aware that there is any law stating they have to shuffle when the cut card comes out. I mean, I have seen places employ a preferential shuffle before the cut card comes out, so that would tell me the cut card is basically just for show.

I have only seen this happen 3 times during all my play. On two of those occasions I was playing alone. I don't remember the exact situation, but one, I had a favorable situation and said nothing and won the hand. The other I had an unfavorable situation, like a stiff hand vs a dealer 8 or above and I immediately said something and the hand was stopped immediately and declared dead and the dealer then shuffled. Now, I thought of playing that second hand out and only saying something if I lost, but I figured my chances were better of having the hand declared dead before the hand was completed, so I opted to do so at that point. It was still a negative situation that I had washed away. The third time, I was not playing alone and someone else said something and the hand was declared dead. Again, I can't say exactly what I had, but I remember it was favorable. The really annoying part was that the other player who said something and got the hand declared dead, also had a favorable situation. I think we both had 19's and 20's against the dealer bust. So I didn't understand that move.

Banned or Suspended

iv played at a place, that one night they were dealing two hands after the cut card! and the pen was already 1 deck cutoff out of 8! Took advantage of that day and thank god I did because no they dont even deal one hand after the cut card LOL

This is probably the worst "angle-shot" I ever participated in, and it was many years ago. For what probably was 40 or so hours of blackjack, whenever I would get the cut-card during the last blackjack deal, I would casually move it under my hand, covering it with my fingers during the play of this last deal. Perhaps the first 20 times I did that, the dealer shuffled up after the hand as normal, and I cut the cards. Then one time there was another player who got change for the waitress in the middle of the last hand, which perhaps threw the dealer off, and I made sure to slip in two hands of 75 dollars each (my prior bets were just $10) right after the hand ended. The cards were dealt, the pit-boss was called when the cut card (suddenly no longer under my hand) was noticed, and the floor guy was told by the dealer that I was only betting $10 in every hand prior to that last one....

I had a 20 and a 17 against a dealer 3, I think. I asked if I could pull out just one hand, which made the pit-boss even more annoyed at me- he told me I could keep both, or pull back both (I kept them, and pushed overall when the dealer drew to an 18 or 19, I don't remember which). I never tried a trick like that again, and felt guilty for doing it that one time- taking advantage of a dealer mistake is one thing, but participating in the hoax, trying to get them to mess up, is something much worse in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by All Clear View Post
    This is probably the worst "angle-shot" I ever participated in, and it was many years ago. For what probably was 40 or so hours of blackjack, whenever I would get the cut-card during the last blackjack deal, I would casually move it under my hand, covering it with my fingers during the play of this last deal. Perhaps the first 20 times I did that, the dealer shuffled up after the hand as normal, and I cut the cards. Then one time there was another player who got change for the waitress in the middle of the last hand, which perhaps threw the dealer off, and I made sure to slip in two hands of 75 dollars each (my prior bets were just $10) right after the hand ended. The cards were dealt, the pit-boss was called when the cut card (suddenly no longer under my hand) was noticed, and the floor guy was told by the dealer that I was only betting $10 in every hand prior to that last one....

I had a 20 and a 17 against a dealer 3, I think. I asked if I could pull out just one hand, which made the pit-boss even more annoyed at me- he told me I could keep both, or pull back both (I kept them, and pushed overall when the dealer drew to an 18 or 19, I don't remember which). I never tried a trick like that again, and felt guilty for doing it that one time- taking advantage of a dealer mistake is one thing, but participating in the hoax, trying to get them to mess up, is something much worse in my mind.
    LOL Thanks for the story, pretty cheesy yes.

I always put out a large bet after the cut card comes out for a few reasons I won't elaborate on but in case this happens is one of them. I have had it happen a few times and if memory serves me correct I ended up with bad hands and pulled out every time except once where they let me play it out and I lost but still pushed the hands. Ironically, the friendly place is now Bankrupt.