Thread: Blackjack rule variations

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blackjack rule variations

Does anyone know what the increased advantage for the player would be if they were allowed to double after any split with just one card being used including aces.

I dont have the sim handy but my gut doubts it's enough for a player advantage off the top given most games.

I'm thinking it has to be awfully close if say the game has a .26% HA otherwise.

I tried to run a sim then realized I don't have CV installed and my license numbers aren't working right now. (again) I'll get back to celebrating the first doubling of my BR and let someone else get a definitive number for now =\

Congrats on the BR.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Does anyone know what the increased advantage for the player would be if they were allowed to double after any split with just one card being used including aces.
    For a 6D S17 with a max of 3 splits, EV for No Doubling on Split Aces = -0.403%, if doubling on split aces is allowed = -0.372%, so you get about 0.03% increase in EV. If you are counting the cards the advantage of this rule will be much more pronounced.
    Chance favors the prepared mind