See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: cover?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

cover?

Do any of you use another game for cover and if you do which one?
    if you don't want to post it here i understand.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    DOn't waste your money. If they decide you're a skilled player, do you really think throwing a few bucks down a machine or at the craps table will make a difference?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    the only thing playing other games might do is make the backoff a little friendly and possibly turn a tresspass into a day eviction and u can return instead of a full out tresspass.... especially if ur known in the poker room. but i learned quickly its not worth it to play other games for cover.. it really doesn't do much

This can bring heat if you are betting big on blackjack then smaller on other games. It looks weird to them - if they suspect you are an AP they might just think you're doing it to blend in with the crowd while waiting for a call in or something.

Banned or Suspended

Other games FAIL to provide cover.

There are only specific circumstances under which playing other games for cover will work. You have to have a game worth protecting. You have to believe there is, or may be heat on the game. You have to know that the cover will protect the game. And you have to know that the cover won't give away so much EV that it isn't worth it.

That said, I will occasionally run $1 through a slot machine on my card to see what happens. Sometimes I get much better mail offers based on this, and sometimes the mere presence of slot play can throw off a dumb, or only half-sharp surveillance person or boss (but not very often).

I will also say that I have 100% confirmed that I was getting heat based on my blackjack play (not yet known to me) and play on another game (with an advantage) turned the heat away. So I won't say cover is useless. But, if you're thinking about shooting craps for 2 hours to protect your 1-6 spread on DD, I wouldn't do it.
    The Cash Cow.