Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CVData V6: Sessions

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData V6: Sessions

Hello Norm, I ran a sessions simulation using the Nuances tab with a multi-tracking simulator. The simulation was 100 million rounds. On the Session Data I screen, the results show 17,534 sessions for Seat 3. Does this mean, on average, there were 5703 rounds per session? That quotient seems rather low considering Total mean rounds = 10404, Target mean rounds = 7783, and Bankrupt mean rounds = 8992. Target reached 39.5% with Bankrupt 0.5%. Max rounds set to 12121. So my question to you is what dragged the mean down from 10404 to 5703?

On a separate note, why does the Sessions feature not allow the forcing of a shuffle when the Multi-tracking simulator is employed? I'm playing multiple hands.

MJ

Blog Entries

I have no idea what those numbers mean without looking at an export.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I'll send you an export tomorrow. In the meantime, can you answer my second question?

MJ

Blog Entries

I know of no restriction along those lines. I just tried multi-tracking with multi-hands with sessioning with force shuffle. I would need to see all your settings.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

My apologies, I did not state my second question properly. It says right at the bottom of the Sessions tab, "Shuffle forcing and skipped rounds options do not apply to Multi-tracking and Shuffling sims". I understand this to mean that options under the Sessions tab such as Shuffle after bankruptcy and Shuffle after target will not work (despite being selected) in a Multi-tracking sim. Is that correct?

Why do the sim parameters say I was sitting at second base? According to the sim results, I was at seat 3, no?

Also, there is no option to select a seat in a Multi-tracking sim. Yet, you wrote on 2/14/23, "Also, with multiple hands, CVCX assumes you sit in the first seat and CVData allows you to specify in the multi-tracking simulator but assumes third base in the standard simulator. I am simulating multiple hands in the Multi-tracking sim. How can I specify the seat?

I'm sending you the Export file. I don't believe the forum interface permits zip files as attachments.

MJ
    Last edited by MJ1; 05-16-2023 at 11:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    My apologies, I did not state my second question properly. It says right at the bottom of the Sessions tab, "Shuffle forcing and skipped rounds options do not apply to Multi-tracking and Shuffling sims". I understand this to mean that options under the Sessions tab such as Shuffle after bankruptcy and Shuffle after target will not work (despite being selected) in a Multi-tracking sim. Is that correct?
    I believe that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    Also, there is no option to select a seat in a Multi-tracking sim. Yet, you wrote on 2/14/23, "Also, with multiple hands, CVCX assumes you sit in the first seat and CVData allows you to specify in the multi-tracking simulator but assumes third base in the standard simulator. I am simulating multiple hands in the Multi-tracking sim. How can I specify the seat?
    In multi-tracking, you specify how each player plays. Just click on each tab.

Why does the Sim parameter indicate I was at seat 2 when I was at seat 3?

Blog Entries

Probably you have multiple hands speciified.

I do have multiple hands specified. But why does that matter? I selected seat 3 for the sim.

Did you receive the export file I emailed you?

MJ

Blog Entries

I'd have to see the sim. In the multi-tracking simulator, you define separate players in separate tabs. If a player plays more than one hand, he gets more than one seat and other players are moved. The stats are done by player, not by seat.

A player cannot force a shuffle if there are other players at the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    A player cannot force a shuffle if there are other players at the table.
    In a standard sim the shuffle can be forced with other players at the table. I believe you are referring to a Multi tracking sim. Does what you wrote above apply to wonging?

MJ

Blog Entries

Using the standard simulator, stats are collected for only one of the players. So yes, that player can force a shuffle. In the multi-simulator, stats are collected for all players. If one forces a shuffle, that messes up the stats for other players. So, it is not allowed.

Thanks Norm. I am still curious to know the answer to my first question-

"...I ran a sessions simulation using the Nuances tab with a multi-tracking simulator. The simulation was 100 million rounds. On the Session Data I screen, the results show 17,534 sessions for Seat 3. Does this mean, on average, there were 5703 rounds per session? That quotient seems rather low considering Total mean rounds = 10404, Target mean rounds = 7783, and Bankrupt mean rounds = 8992. Target reached 39.5% with Bankrupt 0.5%. Max rounds set to 12121. So my question to you is what dragged the mean down from 10404 to 5703?"

I emailed you the export file but never heard back on this. How can the mean be so low given the other stats I referenced?

MJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast