Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double down twice

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Quoting these edges doesn't provide much real info as to the increase in SCORE, unless you're simply a flat-betting BS player. Rules like this one can increase SCORE on a percentage basis much more than simply adding the increase in BS EV.

Also you don't mention if DAS is allowed. That raises the BS edge from 0.4% to 0.6%.

As for BS changes, see Wong's Basic Blackjack, pp. 58-59. And no, you don't double 7! In all, with DAS, there are 14 changes; 11 if NDAS.

Don
    The edges referred to are for Spanish 21 H17 version. Licensed rules are practiced which include DAS, RSA to 4 hands with multiple hits allowed per Ace (recall once being dealt 7 consecutive aces) - and yes, with xxx rule I would double 7v6 or 5 everyday of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The edges referred to are for Spanish 21 H17 version. Licensed rules are practiced which include DAS, RSA to 4 hands with multiple hits allowed per Ace (recall once being dealt 7 consecutive aces) - and yes, with xxx rule I would double 7v6 or 5 everyday of the week.
    No, they aren't for SP21. The OP, in post #5, said the game he was referring to was for REGULAR blackjack. Doesn't stop people here from hijacking the thread. I provided the edges, said they'd be more for the counter, and gave the correct BS to answer the OP's question about doubling 7, which is, you don't do it!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    No, they aren't for SP21. The OP, in post #5, said the game he was referring to was for REGULAR blackjack. Doesn't stop people here from hijacking the thread. I provided the edges, said they'd be more for the counter, and gave the correct BS to answer the OP's question about doubling 7, which is, you don't do it!

Don
    It would be helpful to “reply with quote” as you have done here (and not in post 5). No one has hijacked the thread - virtually all responses replied with an understandable spanish or Spanish variant type response. Granted, OP has clarified with post 5, but with several posts between that and your post 15, one would have to reread the entire thread to determine exactly what it is that you’re responding to - thus using the reply with quote feature would have clarified.

What I’m not sure about is the difference between Spanish H17 xxx and S17 xx versions about doubling on 7. What I’m also sure about is that there is an index for doubling 7 v 6 or 5 at blackjack - it stands out in my mind - had 3 opportunities as I recall, having the gastric fortitude to only double (successfully) one of them. It was a super Risk Averse remaining deck composition of True 17.

Sure there are indices to double 7 vs. 5 and 6. But that wasn't the question. The question was, for the regular BJ game of the original poster, was it correct BS strategy to double 7? Twice now, I've said the answer is NO!

And, if you try to deflect 10 more times and answer questions that weren't asked, the answer to the only question that was ever asked in that regard will still be NO! Sometimes you're tiring, because you find it very hard not to show us how brilliant you are by answering questions that no one asked. Becomes annoying.

Don

Gentlemen, do not argue. My soft perfectly calculates indexes for SP 21, also for redouble 1+1+1 and 1+1+2. What do you count?
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Gentlemen, do not argue. My soft perfectly calculates indexes for SP 21, also for redouble 1+1+1 and 1+1+2. What do you count?
    I play 6D H17 Spanish 21 with Redoubling and use SMC. Do you have indexes for that count?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

-jjjggg
    -jjjggg

Quote Originally Posted by jjjggg View Post
    I play 6D H17 Spanish 21 with Redoubling and use SMC. Do you have indexes for that count?

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

-jjjggg

Who you are ? I do not know you. For 10 years there are only 30 posts on the forum? Give something to the forum, then to ask for such gifts ...

Blog Entries

He/she is allowed to ask, so long as the answer doesn't include copyrighted material.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

It's true. But I have the right to refuse free lunch lovers who give nothing in return.

p.s. Let him start participating in the life of the forum ...Or buy CV Data.
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 05-22-2023 at 06:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12