Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: first card values

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    Now I understand what you want to do. The correct way is the one you used in the example but you could use the following system:
    -4 1 1 2 2 2 0 0 0 -1 (from A to T) which would give you a correlation of 0.95.
    Hi-Lo can also be used but the correlation would be lower: 0.82
    Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=peterlee;308882]I place my bet before receiving my first card.

But my first card is from the five cards drew, that is, one from the five cards randomly.

For example, the five cards are AA555, assume player's first card EV A=51% 5=-19%
    For any blackjack counting system, I should bet minimum.
    But the actual EV for the first card is 0.4*51%+0.6*-19%=+9%, before I place my bet.
    +++

Hi Hong Kong Robert!...this is the preacher responding...IMHO, the responses you've received indicate that you've not expressed the question clearly...
    You are perfectly correct in assigning the first card values averaged over the 5 cards...Hilo count doesn't enter it , so forget the Hilo count (especially if it is a CSM machine. Your advantage is simply the average of the 5 first card values

Sorry for late response k_c..

Thanks for your interest...I assume you have simmed it yourself...interesting that the TC at different depths (156, 52) give different advantages.
    I suppose to get the complete picture I would have to sim every first card at different Hilo counts and also at different penetrations.

Sorry for late response, Cac...

I assume you have simmed it yourself...and thanks for that...I am surprised that there is such a strong effect by the Hilo count on the first card values.
    As I mentioned to k_c, it looks like I have to sim all of the combinations of Hilo counts, penetrations and first card values to get the complete picture!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckybaby View Post
    Sorry for late response k_c..

Thanks for your interest...I assume you have simmed it yourself...interesting that the TC at different depths (156, 52) give different advantages.
    I suppose to get the complete picture I would have to sim every first card at different Hilo counts and also at different penetrations.

Not a sim. I modified my combinatorial analyzer to compute based on a counting system. Basic input is running count and pen to compute shoe estimate. After that it computes modeled after my normal CA.

k_c

Quote Originally Posted by peterlee View Post
    Thanks so much!
    You're welcome.

Cac

Quote Originally Posted by chuckybaby View Post
    Sorry for late response, Cac...

I assume you have simmed it yourself...and thanks for that...I am surprised that there is such a strong effect by the Hilo count on the first card values.
    As I mentioned to k_c, it looks like I have to sim all of the combinations of Hilo counts, penetrations and first card values to get the complete picture!!!
    No simulation, just CA.

Sincerely,
    Cac

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12