See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Our book has been delivered to HP

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hello; it doesn't look like Joel Friedman's article is available, at least on Google Scholar. All I have to go on is BJA3.
    If selecting plays based on CE gives the optimal SCORE, is there any value in graphing CE? It looks like the resulting indices would be risk-averse, or at least SCORE-maximizing.

Quote Originally Posted by BackCounter View Post
    Hello; it doesn't look like Joel Friedman's article is available, at least on Google Scholar. All I have to go on is BJA3.
    If selecting plays based on CE gives the optimal SCORE, is there any value in graphing CE?
    https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...s/score.16268/

https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...its-use.16357/
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 01-16-2024 at 01:51 PM.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Spread differences in new Book

Don, Dave:

Regarding your new book, I noticed a discrepancy between the spreads in the Titles of the Tables 30.1, 30.2 and 30.3 in the List of Tables and the spreads in the titles for those tables on pages 188, 189, and 190. The List of Tables shows Nifty 50 52/104 H17 DAS Play All spreads as 1-8, 1-12, and 1-16 respectively, and the Tables themselves show the spreads as 1-4, 1-6, and 1-8.

What are the correct spreads? I didn't see anyone else in this thread mention it, so if I missed it or you are aware of it already, I apologize.

Thanks for a another Blackjack bible!

This was an error in the first printing that we are aware of. It was corrected for the later versions. DD spreads, as you may know from BJA3, are 1-4, 1-6, and 1-8. In my view, you'd have to be nuts to spread 1-16 in DD.

Appreciate your pointing it out. And thanks for the kind words.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Intermediate View Post
    I noticed a discrepancy between the spreads in the Titles of the Tables 30.1, 30.2 and 30.3 in the List of Tables
    and the spreads in the titles for those tables on pages 188, 189, and 190. ...
    All spreads as 1-8, 1-12, and 1-16 respectively, and the Tables themselves show the spreads as 1-4, 1-6, and 1-8.

Please, check ALL of your DD titles on the Table Of Contents, not just the ones you mentioned.

In the earliest printings, all the DD spreads in the TOC are in error, but the referenced Table pages are all correct.

I actually have a prototype test print copy, and it has similar issues, and some extras, but all are fixable with a pencil.

Sent from my SM-A236U using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789