Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Research Article: Using Machine Learning to Increase Card Counting Performance

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Really pisses me off when I get that message. Never liked recursion either.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by UncleChoo View Post
    While on the subject of AI, anyone look into that new chatGPT tool? https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/
    I am not qualified, but maybe one of the immortals on here can put it to the test by asking it questions about complicated Blackjack theory.
    The hype around it seems a little over the top.
    It is a little over the top, but it can do some extraordinary things. For example it wrote me some code for a simple blackjack game.

The problem with chatgtp is that it isn't really AI, it is actually a lot closer in theory to a discipline like meteorology. It is searching its archive of data for a comparable
    answer to the question you are asking it. Its archive must come from the web (the only archive large enough), so enough people believe some
    stupid nonsense online it will regurgitate that. Blackjack and gambling suffer disproportionately from people believing stupid nonsense online.

Additionally when it doesn't know something it lies. A lot. Very confidently. It is really sociopathic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archvaldor View Post
    It is a little over the top, but it can do some extraordinary things. For example it wrote me some code for a simple blackjack game.

The problem with chatgtp is that it isn't really AI, it is actually a lot closer in theory to a discipline like meteorology. It is searching its archive of data for a comparable
    answer to the question you are asking it. Its archive must come from the web (the only archive large enough), so enough people believe some
    stupid nonsense online it will regurgitate that. Blackjack and gambling suffer disproportionately from people believing stupid nonsense online.

Additionally when it doesn't know something it lies. A lot. Very confidently. It is really sociopathic.

flow of the cards.jpg

sorry, I can't resist

Blog Entries

Oh dear. So, it's a fake using Google. I'm certain there are AI aspects in the ability to sew things together and verbalize a paper. But, it doesn't understand what is a correct source.

When you get such a terrible response, you can click the down arrow to inform it.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Interestingly, I asked and got a different answer. Also incorrect based on dealer bust rate nonsense.

Full disclosure, I asked it to regenerate the answer. The first one was more appropriate, but still not great, probably similar to what you saw.

Blog Entries

It should stick to writing essays for college undergrads, or passing licensing tests based on information that is easy to look up. Easy to pass. A thesis would be far, far more difficult.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12