See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 77 vs 10

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have tried various strategies and CVBJ seems to show the same underlying surrender chart with the surrender 77 for whatever strategy is selected.

Blog Entries

When selecting a strategy, if you have Illustrious 18 or any other limits to indices that are used, it merges basic strategy into the tables for any indices not selected.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I get the same 77 vs 10 surrender whether I select the I18 & F4 indexes or not. I have attached a screenshot showing all the relevant settings including the 6 decks selected in the game.

cvbj all settings.jpg

Blog Entries

You need to select Full Indices. Also, I notice you have no hole card selected. if you want early surrender vs 10 indices, you will need to add them. 77vT is surrender with no hole card and ES10.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I had not intended for early surrender. Where is this set? I selected no hole card as I want to simulate ENHC. Is this correct.

Blog Entries

Yes, that is correct. If you check Full Indices, the 77vT surrender will disappear and the indices will be correct as per your rule settings. That's all you need to do.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I have fixed it. I did a full uninstall. Deleted the QFIT folders in Program Files and Program Data. Reinstall, this time installing CVCX first as it created a lock trying to access an in use file, the installed CVBJ. Now the Hi-Lo shows the correct surrender plays for the full indices and for I18 and F4. Not sure what the issue was but it appears to be fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Hi, I am using cvbj and the tables for Hi-Lo I18 F4 when using 6 decks, enhc, s17. These show surrender a pair of 7s against a dealer 10 on all counts, but to surrender 14 against a dealer 10 on a TC of 3. Could someone explain the reason why you would surrender 77 but not another 14 on a TC < 3? I cant find any reference to this decision in Professional Blackjack and am struggling to wrap my head around the play.
    This may seem obvious to some but not so much for others. And in case you dont realize this, the reasoning for "standing and surrendering" at a lower index with 77 vs. a H14 has to do with the fact the your holding a pair of 7s..Your chances of drawing another 7 to give you a potential 21 are decreased..And since theres a good chance the dealer may be pat on XX(20) its a little better to STAND at a lower count than it is when holding a Hard 14...

This isnt really that important for 6 deck games and somewhat important for 2 deck games...But its a must know for single deck games..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

It wasn't obvious to me. I was puzzling over this for a while. Thanks for the insight.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12