See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using CV Data to Simulate No Shuffle Blackjack

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    A few things:

1) I think we agree that the dealer's cards need to end up face down ON TOP of the players' cards for that round in the discard pile. So I believe we agree on the ordering of the cards in the discard pile with respect to where the dealer's cards are located with regard to the players' cards.

2) Next, we can look at the ordering in the discard pile of an individual's players cards with respect to one another.

3) Finally, we can look at the ordering in the discard pile of the DEALER'S cards with respect to one another. Bear with me , there are actually 4 possibilities here:

a) the dealer picks up her cards from left to right, and her left-most card (the hole card) is scooped (face up) first and under the dealer's up card. So, indeed it will end up in the discard pile face down on top of her other cards, BUT because it is ending up in the discard pile face down on top of her other cards, it is sitting in the discard pile highest of all, closest to the ceiling. I call this top-most card the first card, but in your most recent post you say, I believe, that this card is at "the top, NOT first (emphasis mine) in the pile." I am confused by what you said there. Isn't the top card in the discard pile the first card?

b) the dealer again picks up her cards from left to right, but instead of SCOOPING the first or left card (the hole card) under her other cards, she performs an overhand sweep, with the first or left card (the hole card) sweeping OVER or TOPPING her next card (the up card), etc., such that her first or left or hole card will end up face down in the discard pile on THE BOTTOM of her other cards.

c) the dealer picks up her cards from RIGHT TO LEFT, and her right-most card (her final card) is scooped (face up) under her other cards and therefore ends up in the discard pile face down on top of her other cards, closest to the ceiling.

d) the dealer again picks up her cards from right to left, but she performs an overhand sweep, with her rightmost card (her final card) sweeping OVER or TOPPING her next card, etc., such that her final card ends up face down in the discard pile on THE BOTTOM of her other cards.

For the sake of simplicity, I suggest we avoid talking about scooping under versus sweeping over and left versus right and instead describe the ordering in terms of the final product: the ordering of the face down cards in the discard pile from the ceiling down (from the top down or from the first card down).

C) above is the dealer procedure I am most familiar with and was assuming after which CV Data was modelled.

Blog Entries

I don't have much time. Quick read, by scoop I mean under.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes, I understand that.

But one thing, among others, that I don't understand is the last sentence in your second-to-last post: How is the top card in the pile not the first card in the pile?

Blog Entries

First to be put in the pile versus ending up at the top of the file.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12