Thread: CVBJ, CoB Betting Question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ, CoB Betting Question

Hello, I'm a new user of CVBJ, I have my betting strategy set to Color of Blackjack, How can I add support for wanting to spread two hands without getting a betting error? Daniel Dravot says it's better to play two hands when the RC is high enough to raise my bet, "Instead of playing one hand of $100 (1x100), you can play 2x70 with the same risk of ruin", as a beginner practicing, I just want to know how I can set up support for when I spread to two hands while still making sure my bets are correct, as of now I just get a betting error every time.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

You can create user betting strategies based on included strategies. This is a bit more difficult for Color of Blackjack as the betting strategies can be more complex for COB. You can find this by clicking on the blue ? on any screen. If you have difficulty, email [email protected].

Although, not sure I agree with Daniel at spreading to two hands at higher counts.
    Last edited by Norm; 11-29-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Although, not sure I agree with Daniel at spreading to two hands at higher counts.
    I should've mentioned that he does that for shoe games. He claims it to win more with a variance reduction of 30%. Which is what I think I'd need as a new counter with a small bankroll, just hope it's the right move.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Hi. Why do you think so? Please explain your opinion, because I do similar things too.

Blog Entries

A huge number of people do and there's really nothing wrong with it. But, in many circumstances, it's better to always play two hands. I don't know if anyone has done an exhaustive study.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse