Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CVCX Backcounting

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Backcounting

Suppose you run a sim with Wonging by Depth turned on. That is whenever the count drops below a certain point for a given depth you wong out. If Force Shuffle on Exit is turned off, does that mean the player basically sits out until a fresh shuffle? I would like to simulate this scenario as I like to take phone calls and restroom breaks during poor counts.

For the above scenario, what if Find Table Delay was turned on. Would that be simulating just sitting at the table during poor counts observing, then once the shuffle comes the player leaves for and wastes 'x' number of rounds to find another table? That would be silly of course.

Does CVCX simulate shoes like CVData? I would like to know how many shoes were simulated for 2 billion rounds.

MJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    Suppose you run a sim with Wonging by Depth turned on. That is whenever the count drops below a certain point for a given depth you wong out. If Force Shuffle on Exit is turned off, does that mean the player basically sits out until a fresh shuffle? I would like to simulate this scenario as I like to take phone calls and restroom breaks during poor counts
    Yes

For the above scenario, what if Find Table Delay was turned on. Would that be simulating just sitting at the table during poor counts observing, then once the shuffle comes the player leaves for and wastes 'x' number of rounds to find another table? That would be silly of course
    No. The player leaves the table and searches.

Does CVCX simulate shoes like CVData? I would like to know how many shoes were simulated for 2 billion rounds.
    Yes, it sims shoes. But, it provides a tiny fraction of the data that CVData provides (hence the name CVData).
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yes, it sims shoes. But, it provides a tiny fraction of the data that CVData provides (hence the name CVData).
    With CVCX for a play-all game, couldn't one estimate how many shoes were simulated by using some simple math? We know that on average 2.7 cards are used per player, the penetration per shoe, # players, and # rounds simulated. The calculation might not be exact but it should provide a good ballpark.

For reverse wonging, I would imagine CVData would be required to provide how many shoes were simulated. I would like to know on average, how much in EV is each shoe worth using a given wong out strategy. In order to calculate this value, we first have to determine how many rounds there are per shoe. Would it be correct to simply multiply the rounds played % by total # of rounds simulated, then divide that by total # shoes?

Once we know how many rounds are dealt per shoe, just multiply that value by $/round. Does what I wrote make sense?

MJ

Blog Entries

CVCX does not run exactly the number of rounds specified. It must run more. This is because it simulates a wide range of penetrations at once. So, at lower penetrations, the calc would be off by quite a bit.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Why doesn't CVCX simulate the specified number of rounds for each penetration level simultaneously? I thought it is a parallel simulator.

Blog Entries

That's why. Think about how a parallel simulator can work. In any case, there is nothing wrong with simming more hands than requested. Results will be more accurate than requested. It's a freebie and the standard error is displayed. I could possibly increase the speed a tad by forcing it to be less accurate. But, why?
    Last edited by Norm; 10-30-2022 at 05:52 PM.

That's why. Think about how a parallel simulator can work. In any case, there is nothing wrong with simming more hands than requested. Results will be more accurate than requested. It's a freebie. I could possibly increase the speed a tad by forcing it to be less accurate. Why?
    Oh I'm not complaining. I'll take the extra accuracy.

Is what I wrote above correct to calculate average # rounds per shoe? "...simply multiply the rounds played % by total # of rounds simulated, then divide that by total # shoes?"

Thanks,
    MJ

Blog Entries

CVCX doesn't provide number of shoes. It provides the most important stats. CVData requires tens of thousands of additional stats.

I was referring to CVData to calculate average # rounds played per shoe. "...simply multiply the rounds played % by total # of rounds simulated, then divide that by total # shoes?"

MJ

Blog Entries

Yes.

I just ran my first test sim on CVData. Why does it only simulate 98% of the requested rounds?

When I call CVCX from CVData the hourly win rate per 100 rounds is different. Why is that? If it helps I ran the sim in CVData using the standard simulator.

When you call CVCX from CVData, is there an option to set the stats based on rounds played just like in CVData?

I see that CVData has a stat for SD/shoe. Bravo! Why isn't there a stat for EV/shoe? It would save the user a lot of time and trouble. Perhaps you can add this on the next update. While you are at it, can you also add a stat for CE/shoe and CE/hour?

Note: At the moment, I am running CVData in demo mode.

MJ
    Last edited by MJ1; 10-31-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Most of the questions you have been asking are in the Help.

I just ran my first test sim on CVData. Why does it only simulate 98% of the requested rounds?
    CVData is multi-threaded. It isn't always possible to run the exact number of requested rounds. Sometimes it will be a bit more or less. But, this doesn't matter as long as it is close. 98% or 102% won't noticeably change the standard error.

When I call CVCX from CVData the hourly win rate per 100 rounds is different. Why is that? If it helps I ran the sim in CVData using the standard simulator.
    When you call CVCX from CVData, it calculates optimal betting instead of using the betting set in CVData. That's the purpose of calling CVCX from CVData

When you call CVCX from CVData, is there an option to set the stats based on rounds played just like in CVData?
    Click the Customize button, right next to the Call CVCX button, on the main CVData stats screen. That changes CVData to display several stats the same as CVCX. CVCX only has one method.

I see that CVData has a stat for SD/shoe. Bravo! Why isn't there a stat for EV/shoe? It would save the user a lot of time and trouble. Perhaps you can add this on the next update. While you are at it, can you also add a stat for CE/shoe and CE/hour?
    These are overall stats, unrelated to shoes. Do you mean win rate per shoe? No one has ever suggested it.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-31-2022 at 01:09 PM.

These are overall stats, unrelated to shoes. Do you mean win rate per shoe? No one has ever suggested it.
    Why is it you can provide SD/shoe but not win rate per shoe? The two go hand in hand. What good is knowing one without the other? I like to think of performance based on shoes. Can you also add CE/shoe? The MIT Teams used some of the very performance metrics I am requesting to value their games.

Another idea is to provide N0 in terms of shoes. That would be quite handy to know!

MJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast