Recently played a promotion that required $100,000 in action to win $1,000 in free credits. The expected loss was around $500 so it was a positive value promotion.

As it seems to happen so often with these promotions, I got ahead right off the bat. However, this time was different. I wasn't just a little bit ahead but what I consider to be a lot. At around the $40,000 play mark I found myself $3,000 ahead. At this point I considered quitting the promotion and cashing out. I knew the game would turn as it always does.

Yep, I decided to play on and when sp21 turns it doesn't have any mercy. I lost about $1,500 in 20 minutes. I quit that game and went to regular blackjack. Tried several of them and just managed to hold my own. I finally found a bj game that was good and clawed my way back to $3,000 ahead at a little over the $60,000 mark. At this point I didn't consider quitting because I was too far along, but the game did turn south again, but not as bad as before.

When I reached the $100,000 I was about $700 below my high of around $3,000. However, the free credits played poorly and I ended up only a few hundred more than if I would have quit at the $40,000 mark. Anybody think I should have quit early?