See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: A4 V's 4 DD Is there a difference in the W/L rate to this Basic Strategy play?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

A4 V's 4 DD Is there a difference in the W/L rate to this Basic Strategy play?

Having discrepancies with two different software's and I believe it has to do with the Basic Strategy's that are in these software's. The first one I studied was A4 DD V's 5,6 only. The new one says A4 DD V's 4,5,6 this would be a True 0 count also. Is there a significant W/L rate here or such a small percentage that it does not matter which way I would play? Would appreciate any light on this subject. Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    A,4 is always a double vs. 4, 5, and 6. As you're referring to BS, don't know why you bring up TC = 0. BS has nothing to do with a TC of zero.

Don

Thank you Don S. Colin Jones's BS shows no DD on soft 5 is why I ask this question not to create conflict but to clarify the right move for BS. From now on that will always be my play. Not sure about deviation from this play but I bet you would know. Again thank you Don S. Your book Blackjack Attack will be in my arsenal soon.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Mouse View Post
    Thank you Don S. Colin Jones's BS shows no DD on soft 5 is why I ask this question not to create conflict but to clarify the right move for BS. From now on that will always be my play. Not sure about deviation from this play but I bet you would know. Again thank you Don S. Your book Blackjack Attack will be in my arsenal soon.
    I thought it very unlikely that Colin would have incorrect BS, so I looked on his site, here: https://www.blackjackapprenticeship.com/blackjack-strategy-charts/ As you can see, it clearly shows DD for A,4 vs. 4, so I don't know what you're referring to.

As for the Hi-Lo indices, for 6-deck, whether S17 or H17, it's 0. For 2-deck, for both, it's -1.

Don

Yes Don S. you are correct. When I made the post I had not looked at the charts for a bit and should have for double checking my info for correctness. Getting turned around backwards and sideways at times can be me. My mistake was getting pair splitting confused with soft doubling and there was my biggest mistake, confusing BS plays. That was my fault totally and not a good thing to do for BS must be known instantaneously. Would also like to apologize to all for my negligence of this post. At the same time another thing occurred to me that here is another learning curve, always double and triple check your work, and others work for proper reference. Costly mistakes is what no player wants, but I do know they will come. Learning from them are key as it keeps all of us on the right track. Thanks Don S. for correcting in this mistake.
    Last edited by 21Mouse; 10-30-2022 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Spelling