See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: How often are you overbetting? Some trick to prevent itching to overbet?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How often are you overbetting? Some trick to prevent itching to overbet?

Hello seniors.

How often do you have itching for overbetting? (betting higher ammount than edge would be reasonable, increasing risk above)

At my last session, there was like 1.5 hour, where there was negative edge whole time, then there was finally moment where edge would reason for 2 bet units based on my bet spread. It was so hard to not bet like 4 bet units, to have finally something happening and get my EV going...

Do you have any trick, to calm yourself and to follow your plan and prearanged bet spread?

Since i have realatively small bankroll, on simulation every +12% EV due to increased bets, raised my ruin-before-doubling ratio by 50% in simulations. That seem not-worth it at all when i think about it rationaly, but in the heat of moment...

Thx Zabut

Never. You have to be analytical and disciplined.

Somebody once said (probably in relation to poker) that the keys to not doing stupid things are maturity and discipline.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I personally like using a mantra to keep myself focused. I might say something like "there is no emotion, there is only math" and repeat it in my head over and over. I know this sounds silly, but it actually works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WA Player View Post
    I personally like using a mantra to keep myself focused. I might say something like "there is no emotion, there is only math" and repeat it in my head over and over. I know this sounds silly, but it actually works for me.
    Kudos WA. For me it goes like this "I don't need a drink" ..... "I don't need a drink" ..."I don't need a drink" Good luck