See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Down on Soft 12

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Double Down on Soft 12

I was looking at a new online blackjack game, and their basic strategy said to double down on a soft 12 against a 5 or 6. However, it also said to split Aces. I suppose it would be possible to have a soft 12 if you had a lot of Aces in your hand. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I was looking at a new online blackjack game, and their basic strategy said to double down on a soft 12 against a 5 or 6. However, it also said to split Aces. I suppose it would be possible to have a soft 12 if you had a lot of Aces in your hand. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?
    What would be the other rules? 6D/8D? S17/H17? pen?

Thanks,
    Cac

"I was looking at a new online blackjack game, and their basic strategy said to double down on a soft 12 against a 5 or 6."

Obviously don't have a clue.

"However, it also said to split Aces."

One for two!

"I suppose it would be possible to have a soft 12 if you had a lot of Aces in your hand. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?"

Even if such a hand were possible, which it isn't, since when can you double on more than two cards?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    "I was looking at a new online blackjack game, and their basic strategy said to double down on a soft 12 against a 5 or 6."

Obviously don't have a clue.

"However, it also said to split Aces."

One for two!

"I suppose it would be possible to have a soft 12 if you had a lot of Aces in your hand. Anybody ever hear of such a thing?"

Even if such a hand were possible, which it isn't, since when can you double on more than two cards?

Don
    The only hand I can think of as Soft 12 is AA and in that case it's always best to split.

Cac

Here is their basic strategy chart. Rules are 6 deck, S17, and double down only on first two cards, shuffle after every hand. No surrender. They claim RTP is 99.68%, but I don't believe it is that high.

Attachment 4826

Is it possible they mean "A-2" instead of "soft 12" ?
    G Man

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Is it possible they mean "A-2" instead of "soft 12" ?
    Yes, I think that's very possible. To Midwest Player: how did they express the other soft hands?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Here is their basic strategy chart. Rules are 6 deck, S17, and double down only on first two cards, shuffle after every hand. No surrender. They claim RTP is 99.68%, but I don't believe it is that high.

Attachment 4826
    I can't see the attachment.

Cac

Make a print screen of the screen, crop the image and paste it in jpeg format. Otherwise, your drawing is not visible. But I'm sure it's a typo, don't fool yourself. There is correct A,2 vs...
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Make a print screen of the screen, crop the image and paste it in jpeg format. Otherwise, your drawing is not visible. But I'm sure it's a typo, don't fool yourself. There is correct A,2 vs...
    Attachment 4829

Norm, Attachment 4826 is the attachment I want to show. Can you see it on your end. In the past when I would upload an image, the image would appear, but now it just says attachment in blue. Attachment 4826 opens up for me when I click on it, but attachment 4829 by Cac says invalid link when I click on it.

I just brought my computer in for a tuneup a few days ago and a lot of my settings were changed, so I don't know if this problem is on my end or yours.

Blog Entries

What file size and file type?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

You can go to Settings-General Settings and click Enhanced Attachment Uploading off. This changes the uploader.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast