Thread: Foolish Play???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Foolish Play???

Hello. Let’s say your at the last hand of the shoe. True count is plus 8 or better. Dealer is showing a 6. Your hand totals 5 or 6. As the count was high to begin the deal, you had a max bet out. Is it ok to double on your hand knowing the best you can do is 15 or 16? My thought process is I want to get as much money on the table in this situation. What kind of attention will this bring?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisB View Post
    Hello. Let’s say your at the last hand of the shoe. True count is plus 8 or better. Dealer is showing a 6. Your hand totals 5 or 6. As the count was high to begin the deal, you had a max bet out. Is it ok to double on your hand knowing the best you can do is 15 or 16? My thought process is I want to get as much money on the table in this situation. What kind of attention will this bring?
    h17?...easy answer otherwise, I guess

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The dealer busts a 6 up 50% of the time at +10 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    The dealer busts a 6 up 50% of the time at +10 or so.
    Sorry but dealer bust rate is not the answer to this. The full answer is to check your index play because that has factored in all the variates. And there is no index play for doubling a hard 6 against a dealer's 6.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by iCountNTrack View Post
    Sorry but dealer bust rate is not the answer to this. The full answer is to check your index play because that has factored in all the variates. And there is no index play for doubling a hard 6 against a dealer's 6.
    There's an index for virtually any play. it just might not be published by your source.

And regarding the index to double 6 v 6, it depends on your risk aversion

And regarding the index to double 6 v 6, it depends on your risk aversion
    Well, if we start at TC = +19, how much higher would you like to go?!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisB View Post
    Nope, it's not ok to double. The HL index for 6 vs 6 in shoes is +19 (S17) and +16 (H17).

Sincerely,
    Cac

Don - I was thinking LESS risk aversion and playing it above +10.

Don - I was thinking LESS risk aversion and playing it above +10.
    Wouldn't make any sense. Edge by doubling at +10 is -3%. By hitting, +9%. What would be the point of sacrificing 12% of a max bet??

Don

maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Suppose max bet is $100. Your EV is $9 by hitting. If doubling, your bet is $200. Are you saying your EV is -$6?

maybe I'm misunderstanding.

Suppose max bet is $100. Your EV is $9 by hitting. If doubling, your bet is $200. Are you saying your EV is -$6?

No. -$3. All edges in BJ are always expressed as percentages of the initial bet.

Don

H 17

6 vs 6

Hit Double
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)