See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Revere Red 27

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Revere Red 27

Hi guys and gals (and everyone in the spectrum) I used to post on Green Chip but have only been lurking here. I realize that the most important factors in increasing ev is finding places that take your action and getting as big a spread as possible but I still find different counting systems interesting academically. For years I’ve successfully used the Uston advanced +/- count because the first book I read was Million Dollar Blackjack back in 1984. The betting correlation is worse than HiLo but the playing efficiency is slightly better, which really only has a slight advantage in 1d games. Level 2 counts are difficult for me but I’ve been interested in a higher betting correlation. I understand that Don S. started out and may still use the Revere Point Count which has a betting correlation of .99, same as Wong’s Halves but w/o being a level 3 count with 1/2 point tags, which is beyond me. Then it occurred to me, taking from the Red 7 count that if I counted the red 2s as +1 along with the red 7’s that would mimic to some degree the tag values of the Revere Point Count! It seems that there is a loss of efficiency when not actually counting all the 7s and 2s but as I recall to test the Red 7 in Norm’s software it doesn’t allow you to actually count red 7’s just give them a tag value of 0.5, which isn’t quite the same and has the same problems as any level 2 count. I’m curious about how that affects the actual efficiency. In any event, I find using the red 2s and 7s is much easier than an actual level 2 count using half point values. (I realize that the Red 7 is an unbalanced count but I was inspired by the concept as applied to a balanced count.)
    Would love to hear your thoughts.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is called the C-R Point Count. Don't know anyone who's ever used it. My software supports either counting as one half or just red or black.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thanks Norm, I figured it had to have been thought of. I’ll check it out in CV Data. Cheers!