See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Get distribution of results for a given sub-number of rounds in CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Get distribution of results for a given sub-number of rounds in CVData

We all know that the more rounds we run in a BJ simulator the closer we get to the "true result" (except for proponents of voodoo systems who claim that simulations are worthless because you will never play 2 billion rounds in real life but I digress). Let's assume that 100 billion rounds is enough to get us the "true SCORE" for a given game (number of decks, penetration, rules, betting strategy, playing strategy). Can CVData display distributions based on a sub-number of rounds. For example, for 100 billion round sim, we will get 10,000 different points (i.e SCORES) if we choose 10,000,000 rounds sub-number, and 1000 points if choose 100,000,000 rounds sub-number. One would expect the distributions to narrow as we increase the number of sub-rounds.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

Blog Entries

Well, the Session function could divide the sim into sections. But, it doesn't calculate SCOREs. A very minor change to the batch facility could probably do it. Have to look at that.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm, i thought of extracting the raw data, but i don't think Excel can handle it

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    OK, I made some changes in CVData to the Batch function. Normally, the function provides the ability to define a batch of multiple sim configurations. Changes:

• A repeat spinner has been added. Set it to 100 and the batch will be run 100 times. A sub-folder with the name of the batch file will be added to the archives under the Batch sims folder.
    • If you click on one of the sims, the full sim results will be displayed. If you click on the subfolder title, a screen will appear listing the major results of each of the sims in a table. This function existed for Multi-Sims and has been extended to batches. There is a screen image below.
    • In this screen, click Combine and the tens of thousands of stats in each sim will be added into one sim where you can look at the sim as if it had been run once instead of piecemeal.
    • Click CVSpread, and the table will be transferred to CVSpread. This is the spreadsheet application in CVData that looks like Excel 4. Since it has a math library with several hundred functions. you can analyze it. You can also create charts there. Or, you can save it and load it into Excel.

Warnings: It is slower than running the same number of rounds in one huge sim as it must initiate the sim many times and CVData automatically reduces the number of threads used in small sims. If you run hundreds of sims, loading the archive display may be slower. You can delete an entire batch by clicking on the sub-folder title and clicking Delete. On a quick machine, you must be quick to abort a batch since the sims are so short.

I haven't added the update to the QFIT site as I have yet to update the help. You can update CVData V6 with www.qfit.com/update6184.msi.

batch100.jpg

batch101.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

This is awesome thanks so much Norm!