See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: playing 3 hands

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    The optimal number of boxes if you play alone at the table is 1 or 2 boxes.
    If 1 outside box is playing at the table, it is best to bet on 2 boxes.
    If 2 extraneous boxes are playing at the table, it is best to bet on 3 boxes.
    If there are 3 outside boxes playing at the table, it is best to bet on 4 boxes.
    If the number of extraneous boxes at the table is not constant with a high positive score, it is best to take all the free boxes.
    Interesting! However, I believe these rules are generally true for multiple deck DAS games, not for single and double deck games.

Quote Originally Posted by aceside View Post
    Interesting! However, I believe these rules are generally true for multiple deck DAS games, not for single and double deck games.
    we arnt talking about pitch games, no pitch game would let you go from 1 hand to 3 hands to 2 hands and all over the place........

"See BJA3, pp. 24-26."Don

I moved and couldn't find BJA3, although it will turn up I'm sure. In the meantime I ordered another one...so when the big check comes in next month...you'll know who its from....

Quote Originally Posted by CEO1 View Post
    "See BJA3, pp. 24-26."Don

I moved and couldn't find BJA3, although it will turn up I'm sure. In the meantime I ordered another one...so when the big check comes in next month...you'll know who its from....
    Doubles the royalty! Should have asked me to send you one.

Don

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacarulo View Post
    Nope, the number should be 2 x 74% or 3 x 58%. Rounding up 2 x 75% or 3 x 60%.

Sincerely,
    Cac
    I thought about this again and noticed what Gramazeka said. Like many blackjack decisions, these numbers depend on the rules and the number of players at the table. If there is one more player playing one-hand, the number should be 2x78% when you going from one-hand to two-hand.

Blog Entries

Everything makes a difference. But, your number makes no sense.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Don't forget to mention card eating in neg counts by multiple hands if u can afford playing above min table at one hand

I thought about this again and noticed what Gramazeka said. Like many blackjack decisions, these numbers depend on the rules and the number of players at the table. If there is one more player playing one-hand, the number should be 2x78% when you going from one-hand to two-hand.
    These numbers have been worked out for decades and appear in numerous books and articles. Why do you feel obliged to reinvent the wheel and, on top of it, to throw out arbitrary numbers that are quite simply just wrong?

Don

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    These numbers have been worked out for decades and appear in numerous books and articles. Why do you feel obliged to reinvent the wheel and, on top of it, to throw out arbitrary numbers that are quite simply just wrong?

Don
    I believe my numbers are correct. Let me show you my argument and math.

When playing heads-up with the dealer, you as the player bet 1 x 100% when one-hand, 2 x 74% when two-hand, and 3 x 58% when three-hand.

When playing together with one neighbor player with the dealer, you bet 1x100% when one-hand and 2 x 78% when two-hand, because 58%/74%=78%. All players’ hands must be considered towards the calculation for covariance. Here we assume the neighbor player plays one hand all the way.

Does this make any sense?

Blog Entries

Covariance does not include other player hands unless you are sharing bankrolls. Please stop this.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Does this make any sense?
    None whatsoever. STOP reinventing the wheel. Or read more. Or both.

Don

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Covariance does not include other player hands unless you are sharing bankrolls. Please stop this.
    I said something completely different from yours. Gramazeka, can you comment on this topic to convince me?

Gramazeka, can you comment on this topic to convince me?
    Don't feed the troll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast