Thread: Blackjack Testing Machine drills rating

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Blackjack Testing Machine drills rating

I've been practicing my true count with the Blackjack Testing Machine Drills. At the end of the drill there a report that tells you "Rounds" "Accuracy" "Rating" and "Speed". It's pretty self-explanatory except for Rating. When I search "Rating" in the instructions, CVTest results comes up. It says that this is my overall score and for more explanation to hit the charts button. But I'm not sure where the ratings chart button is, and I can't figure out what is a good rating. The rating has 4 spaces. I understand I can change how this rating is configured but what is the benchmark for a good rating, and how would or does this compare to an average 60 hand per hour game in real life. I've been around 800 to 830 with 100% accuracy and am confided I can improve this score by practicing and improving my speed. I tried to find this information using the search bar but didn't have any luck. Thank you!!

Blog Entries

Rating is a relative number. No one has a one size fits all number. A team can come up with a definition as can an individual and you can configure to match that definition.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I was hoping that wouldn't be the answer. It's hard to be confident where you stand without a benchmark.
    Last edited by Bj212022; 10-07-2022 at 01:09 PM.

I've been practicing my drills for some time now. Using the app on my phone during down time at work and on my laptop at home. I do contract work for employment so I can take time off if I save enough money. I'm taking a couple of months off to work on my game and some personal things. I'm 100% committed to trying to become an AP. I was never good at math, and was in remedial math all through school. I'm actually pretty intelligent, just not in the way most AP's seem to be. MIT, mathematicians, etc. I'm surprised at how hard and long this training can be, but I've been making progress. It takes a long time just to realize all that you can do with and what CVBJ and CVCX has to offer. My biggest struggle is building the endurance to focus for a length of time. I got to the point where I thought I was doing really well on the counting drills with multiple cards with mixed orientation on the app and have improved my speed on the multiple card counting drills on the computer. Unfortunately the work really hasn't translated to my counting skills during game play. I decided to do warm-ups with what I thought would be the simplest drills. I started with single card with a "slow" deal speed, then 2 card, then 3 card etc. increasing speed after each round. I struggle to get through the single card with an "easy" speed at about a third of the way through and my head hurts by the end and I can barely get through it without making counting errors. After working on this for a couple of days I have started to see improvement in counting during game play. There is a lot valuable information here on bankroll, strategy, hole carding, camouflage and working on teams. Mostly advanced game play. It would be really helpful to hear from AP's about the struggles they had in the beginning and solutions they came up for them. I get you have to grind it out and be disciplined but I'm sure there are AP's out there who are willing to share their experiences from the training they did in the beginning. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Bj212022; 10-18-2022 at 05:24 PM.

Should i have put this post in a different thread or maybe started a new one??
    Last edited by Bj212022; 10-18-2022 at 05:16 PM.