Thread: CVCX V6 Heads ups

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX V6 Heads ups

Why doesn't the software permit a heads up sim with a reverse wonging strategy? As long as Force Shuffle on exit is turned on, I don't see why this should be a problem.

To try and get around this constraint, I am running a 2-player sim with Heads Up play turned on. According to the software, it will take double the time. Let's see if this works.

As I am running simulations with my wong out strategy, what I am finding is that as the # of players reduces, SCORE increases! For play all, I found the opposite to be true. As # players increases, SCORE increases. Does that make sense?

MJ

Blog Entries

It's allowed in CVData, but not CVCX. I'll look into allowing it in CVCX next update. Should be easy.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    It's allowed in CVData, but not CVCX. I'll look into allowing it in CVCX next update. Should be easy.
    My sim just finished. Unfortunately, it did not sim the Heads Up game like I had hoped. CVCX should not have allowed me to check the Heads Up button if it would not run that portion of the sim.

Norm, does what I wrote make sense--"As I am running simulations with my wong out strategy, what I am finding is that as the # of players reduces, SCORE increases! For play all, I found the opposite to be true. As # players increases, SCORE increases."

Thanks,
    MJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
    Norm, does what I wrote make sense--"As I am running simulations with my wong out strategy, what I am finding is that as the # of players reduces, SCORE increases! For play all, I found the opposite to be true. As # players increases, SCORE increases."
    If that's what it says.

Play all, the more players, the deeper actual penetration and the more cards you see before decisions. When wonging out, it's far more complex and depends on all the settings. For example, with fewer players, you have more opportunities to leave. OTOH, you are less likely to hit deeper penetrations.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse