See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: CVData

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData

Two questions-

1) For the Seat Effect option, how does the software compute the statistics for a given strategy? Why not just take a proper average of performance over a certain number of seats?

2) For a basic betting strategy, why does the software require that the number hands and units wagered at each count be set in advance? Why cannot that be determined post sim like with CVCX? It seems kind of rigid to run a simulation for one precise betting schedule with no room for adjustment. It would be helpful if one could load a bet schedule from CVCX directly into CVData.

Bonus question-

3) Is the amount of time required to run a sim on CVCX for a given rule set linear? I.e. would simming 5 billion rounds require exactly 5 times as much time as 1 billion?

MJ

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    1. If you mean the "Remove Seat Effect option", CVData does not make estimations or take any shortcuts. It sims as directed without any assumptions. Everything in blackjack affects everything else in blackjack.

2. The point of CVData is not to insist on any rigid rules. Betting can include complex camouflage based on count, previous bet, previous hand results based differently on whether the last hand was won, lost, split, doubled, surrendered, or pushed, different bets for each hand in multi-hand play, shoe depth, current bankroll during a session, as defined on the session screen, and alternating between two strategies (Richard Reid's technique), and combinations of these. For example, you can alter camouflage depending on remaining session bankroll, which changes as you play. You can also alter betting for purposes of maximizing rebates, like changing number of hands based on proximity to the rebate trigger. You cannot recalculate any of these after a sim has been run. Also realize that even if you had a rigid betting schedule, you could recalculate EV, SCORE, etc., but not the tens of thousands of stats CVData generates.

Now, if you do just have a rigid betting schedule, just click the Call CVCX button after simulation. CVData will send the data to CVCX and CVCX will calculate optimal betting and allow manual bet changes.

3. Not exactly because of how multi-threading works. The larger the number of hands, the closer to linear. With a smallish number of hands, CVCX may reduce the threads used. There is also pre- and post-sim activity related to multi-threading.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-26-2022 at 05:06 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    1. If you mean the "Remove Seat Effect option", CVData does not make estimations or take any shortcuts. It sims as directed without any assumptions.
    Alright, but I'm still curious how the software calculates the stats for this option. For a 3 player sim with 3 billion rounds, let's assume that a single player is being tracked. So, he will rotate one seat every billion rounds. Why doesn't the software simply average performance of the player over all 3 seats? This seems to be the logical way to go about it. If not an average, how does the software compute the final stats? ????

MJ

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The option is only in the multi-tracking sims where all players are tracked. Keep in mind that there are tens of thousands of stats. We aren't just calculating EV or SCORE. All of the stats have to be rotated. The original purpose of this option was to compare multiple strategies in one sim. Most people don't realize the degree to which seat affects results. However, I never do it this way myself. I run separate sims.
    Last edited by Norm; 06-26-2022 at 06:43 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse