See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Norm

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    For Ukraine, now the maximum loyalty program. Everything will be fine.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Question to Norm, are you ready to participate?

Blog Entries

I'm still not clear on what this entails. I also don't know what country this goes to. There are new duty rules that I've had to deal with that require you have an account with countries or the EU and escrow accounts. Just started this year. Let's take this to email.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm still not clear on what this entails. I also don't know what country this goes to. There are new duty rules that I've had to deal with that require you have an account with countries or the EU and escrow accounts. Just started this year. Let's take this to email.
    Assuming this is going to the United States - not gospel but probably right and based on my understanding of the transaction
    -Buyer pays Norm and Norm advises Gramazeka. No problems there.
    -Gramazeka likely declaring sales price for customs value. He may or may not declare a value for carriage against damage or loss. Ships UPS. Parties decide if shipping charges are prepaid or collect. In any event, brokerage charges assessed to buyer.
    -Buyer does not need account number with UPS. Regardless of who pays for freight, UPS will further assess a minor cash collect charge payable on delivery. This will be the collection of brokerage charges and duties if applicable as well as freight costs if charges are collect.

Last but not least, and important - parties decide at what point in the transaction ownership of book transfers from buyer to seller. If ownership transfers on proof of shipping, Norm then transfers money. If ownership transfers on delivery, Norm transfers money after delivery So, if book is lost, Gramazeka does not get paid.

Much of this can be changed on agreement of the parties. Essentially - shipping 101. Further info, google “INCO” terms. (Info only as complexities of transaction does not rise to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    So, if book is lost, Gramazeka does not get paid.
    I see it from the tracking from the company that the recipient received the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    I see it from the tracking from the company that the recipient received the package.
    so, if ownership transfers at time of delivery, then upon delivery (or shortly thereafter), Norm would transfer the money. Also, as you’ve inferred, tracking info is visible to everyone. Last point, and I think understood, Gramazeka would advise both Norm and buyer if tracking number once known.

After receiving the parcel, the recipient writes on the forum that he received the book and the transaction took place and he has no complaints against me,

for example

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...A-Needed/page5

Quote Originally Posted by Raybabyray View Post
    Shout out to Gramazeka for passing me his copy of Beyond Counting CAA. Books is legit, so as my homie Gramazeka!!!
    or vice versa - he sends the book back to me in the same way. It seems to me that everything here is obvious.
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 06-15-2022 at 02:34 PM.

I should add something that I forgot about.

For Buyer
    likely not a corporation and is buying as private citizen. Prior to customs release, ups will ask for buyers SSN. Homeland will require prior to release of goods.

For seller
    due to perceived declared customs value, would be a good idea to provide commercial invoice outlining sale price, country of origin of book (USA) and which really should include buyers SSN.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I should add something that I forgot about.

For Buyer
    likely not a corporation and is buying as private citizen. Prior to customs release, ups will ask for buyers SSN. Homeland will require prior to release of goods.

For seller
    due to perceived declared customs value, would be a good idea to provide commercial invoice outlining sale price, country of origin of book (USA) and which really should include buyers SSN.
    I know everything, I've been through it all. Thanks for the help.

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...bit-CAA-Needed

Blog Entries

Sorry, given the circumstances, my accountant says no.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thank you for your time Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Sorry, given the circumstances, my accountant says no.
    You have a smart accountant.

One approach that may work is to use PayPal. I sold some stuff to a guy using pay pal and the way it worked was he paid me, pay pal put a hold on the funds. I shipped and uploaded the tracking number to pay pal - once delivered they confirmed buyer was satisfied and then pay pal released the funds. I thought it was smooth and safe. The ? is whether you can set up a pay pal account and how easy it is to ship out of the Ukraine at the present.

Cohiba

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast