See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Side counting aces in HI-LO

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Side counting aces in HI-LO

Continuing with the ASC topic, I am going to show you four different ways to do it and the SCORES that we can obtain with any of them.

A)

PC = -1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -1 (IRC = 0) (HI-LO)
    SC = 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (IRC = -24)

In this case we use the secondary count of aces for insurance bets only. We adjust the RC by doing "PC + SC". In this way the value of the ace will be ZERO increasing the HI-LO IC from 0.7647 to 0.8674.
    If you don't feel comfortable adding aces starting from -24 you can also do it by subtracting aces but starting the count at +24 and adjusting the RC to "PC - SC". The two forms are equivalent.
    The new index for insurance is no longer "+3" but "-1".
    For everything else we continue using HI-LO (PC).

B)

Here we also use the secondary count of aces only for insurance bets. The RC is calculated as "PC + 2*SC". Now the ace will be ONE increasing the IC of HI-LO from 0.7647 to 0.8908.
    Same as above, if you prefer to subtract aces you can change the value of the ace in SC to -1 and the IRC to +24. The RC is adjusted by doing "PC - 2*SC".
    The new index for insurance is no longer "+3" but "-5".
    For everything else we continue using HI-LO (PC).

C)

PC = 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 -1 (IRC = -24)

Here the secondary count of aces is used only for betting purposes using RC = PC - SC. For playing we use the primary count (PC). This is an unbalanced count in which we
    can use the indices of HI-LO minus 4. Insurance index would be "-1" (+3 - 4) , 16vT would be "-4" (0 - 4) and so on.

D)

SC = 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 (IRC = 0)

This is the case of "dynamic insurance" explained in other posts.
    The difference with the previous ones is that it is NOT necessary to adjust the RC.
    The secondary count is kept and depending on the aces that have come out, the value of the index is reduced accordingly.
    If we look closely the reduction in the index ALSO occurs in cases A, B and C.
    The reduction in the indices has to do with the imbalance of the count systems used. I think this is the explanation that many were requiring.

Finally, I do not want to forget the old-fashioned method that many people still use. This is the case in which the RC is adjusted
    depending on whether we are above or below the expected average number of aces.
    I don't really care to explain it as I find it totally awkward to use and more prone to mistakes due to the additions and subtractions required for balancing.
    In my opinion cases A and B are far superior.

Code:
    SCORES (6D,S17,DOA,DAS,SPA1,SPL3,NS,4.5/6,Play All,R22 indices,50 billion rounds,heads up)

HI-LO alone

1-12   1-16 
        21.15  25.00

HI-LO w/ASC

1-12   1-16 
    A   22.01  25.90
    B   22.15  26.04
    C   22.53  26.42
    D   21.51  25.36
    Enjoy.

Sincerely,
    Cac

PS: I forgot to mention that the above data is for 6D. If you need a different number of decks you can
    change the number 24 to 4*decks.
    Last edited by Cacarulo; 06-10-2022 at 07:58 PM.